The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international non-governmental organisation with a mission to accompany, serve, and advocate for the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. The organisation was founded in November 1980 and has a presence in over 50 countries. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support and guidance of an international office in Rome. The style of JRS service is human and spiritual, working in situations of greatest need, seeking the long-term wellbeing of refugees and displaced persons, while not neglecting their immediate or urgent needs. JRS offers opportunities to a wide variety of staff, local and international, while maintaining a realistic and localised scheme of salary/stipend, insurance, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Locations: Abuja and Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
- The driver is responsible for driving JRS project vehicles in Nigeria, wherever it is safe to operate in accordance with safety standards and driving laws of the Country and JRS policies.
Role / Mission
- Drive the official vehicle assigned to him/her to transport authorized persons and goods.
- Collect and distribute mail, documents and other items if needed.
- Ensure the reception of official visitors (consultants and/or mission experts) at the airport, facilitate immigration and customs procedures if necessary, and ensure they travel as part of their missions.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of the vehicle assigned, namely, to monitor the oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.
- Provide logistical support to organize seminars/workshops related to office activities.
- Do any other related tasks requested by your supervisor and passengers if necessary, as long as the country driving rules / JRS policies are not broken.
- Ensure strict adherence to JRS policies, especially regarding driving, safety and security.
- Keep the logbook and vehicle maintenance registers up to date, record official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, technical screening and insurance renewal dates, and prepare a monthly vehicle report to be forwarded to the Logistics Officers.
- Make small repairs in the event of a breakdown, assist in making follow up arrangements for major repairs and ensure the cleanliness of the assigned vehicle.
- Ensure cost reductions through proper vehicle use through maintenance, daily logbook maintenance and other useful provisions.
- Promote PSEA standards within JRS and amongst the beneficiaries it serves.
Experience and Skills
- At least two (2) years’ experience in professional driving of vehicles.
- Experience in driving 4 by 4 vehicles and Hard-Top vehicles.
- Adequate knowledge of traffic laws and adhere strictly to them.
- Have a valid and clean driver’s license and must pass a police/FRSC background check.
- Traceable references of previous employers.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Knowledge of the local Nigerian Language is desired
- Proven work experience in multicultural and stressful environments.
- Ability to adapt to working conditions and tasks that may change with the reality of the field.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian road network.
- Proficient command of the English language (written and oral).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 15th April, 2022.