Heartland Alliance Limited / GTE (HA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established to address the human rights needs of vulnerable persons in the society.
Heartland Alliance Limited / Gte has an upcoming five-year, USAID-funded program on Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) activity. The program sites for the ACE project, cluster 6 are Bayelsa, Lagos, and Edo States.
Thus, we invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
- S/he will lead the design and implementation of the task order M&E framework to track activities against targets, outcomes, and impacts; provides strategic oversight of the program learning agenda and operational research activities. Generates evidence for programming and impact.
- S/he will lead efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the targeted geographic area, which may include overseeing support to community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their HIV and TB services and activities and ensure data quality.
- S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring and evaluation and support coordination with national data systems. This position reports directly to the Chief-of-Party.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing effective monitoring and evaluation strategies including agreed project deliverables.
- Lead and coordinate the planning and implementation of periodic impact evaluation studies, operations research and preparing strategic documents/reports for donors, governments, and other stakeholders.
- Lead the development of performance monitoring plans (PMP).
- Provide and support planning and implementation of trainings in M&E and reporting as required by staff and local partners
- Analyze and document the progress, impact, challenges, solutions and lessons learntfrom programs
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Social Work, Monitoring & Evaluation, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, analytics or a related field is required.
- Demonstrated understanding, experience and competency in working with HIV and TB community-led organizations and community leaders;
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs funded by USG;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: That this roles is contingent on award of the programme
Application Deadline 6th September, 2021.