ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Communications Officer
Reporting to: Communications Coordinator (with dotted line to Programme Advisor)
Line Management: None
- The Digital Communications Officer will be responsible for assigned communications roles including supporting the execution of the project’s communications strategy and social media strategy.
- The job holder will support the development of contents for project communications for newsletter, publications, and Websites.
- Managing projects prioritised social media contents – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn.
- S/he will liaise with the Programme Advisor in providing hands on technical support to young people and Activista in advocacy using digital platforms to reach wider coverage
- Facilitate and ensure delivery of communications requests from SPA II project within specified timeline
- Liaise and work with the Programme Advisor to identify advocacy and communications issues related to the project
- Ensure adequate media coverage for all project activities, events, media advisory, press releases/press statements
- Assist project teams in uploading content and managing training/events calendar.
- Support in the development of project success stories and case studies
- Develop and implement innovative and effective communication and media strategies for the project
- Develop the project communication contents for use on publications, newsletter, and press
- Provide support for youth engagement with use of technology in holding duty bearers to account
- Responsible for quality assurance of documentation and publishing of all SPA II project publications in liaison with AAN Communications unit
- Support project partners in media and communications related capacity building and ensuring that this is integrated within their programming
- Support content development for AAN policy influencing, website and other social media platform.
- Oversee production of digital and multimedia communications content to promote AAN’s brand, particularly the SPA II project.
Education / Qualifications
- First Degree in Communications, Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities is essential
- At least 3 years work experience, 2 of which should be in communication field in the development sector is essential
- Website development and digital communications experience is essential
- Capacity building experience including training and facilitating is essential
- Experience working with the media is desirable
- Familiarity with popular media sector and previous relationship with same is desirable
- Experience in digital campaigning and youth mobilization is desirable
Skill / Abilities:
- Understanding of the role of advocacy work and communication in development
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines
- Good computer skills especially in the use of publishing tools
- Multi-tasking skills
- Public Speaking skills
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send as an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location eg: “Digital Communications Officer – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Click Here to Download the Application Form (MS Word)
Click here for more information
Application Deadline 11th May, 2022.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.