Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Manager, Financial Control & Reporting
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: Finance / Account
- We are looking for a passionate and professional Deputy Manager in our Finance team who will assist in the preparation of corporate financial reports for Dangote Cement PLC (DCP) Nigeria to aid management decision making and ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Spools Trial Balance from SAP on a periodic basis for the preparation of financial statements and preparation of other management reports.
- Performs month-end closing activities before the period close.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statement reports under IFRS for four Nigerian subsidiaries using information generated from SAP.
- Prepares monthly trend analysis of trial balance line items and explanation of the variances using financial information generated from SAP.
- Review of trial balance for reasonableness, investigation of unusual entries and correction of wrong entries and omission for reliability and accuracy of financial data.
- Prepares monthly forex exposure reports and month-end closing activities.
- Provides support during the Tax filing and submission of NEITI Audit.
- Collaborates with different internal stakeholders in migrating new subsidiaries to SAP.
- Support during quarterly preparation of Consolidated Interim Financial Statements.
- Ensure transactions are promptly and accurately booked in the transactional systems through communication with different process owners.
- Engage with the external auditor during statutory and group audits, preparing audit files and providing relevant schedules that tie with the trial balance and other supporting documents.
- Review of Management letter points from the external auditors and liaising with management for actions needed to address issues raised.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or related discipline.
- Relevant professional accounting qualifications such as. ACA, ACCA etc.
- 7 – 10 years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Advanced accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal relationships and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Ability to gather, collate and analyze information/ data effectively and efficiently.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply