Cowrywise is a fintech company democratizing access to premium financial services by making these services available to the mass market cheaply.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Lagos, NG
Job Type: Full-Time
About this Position
- In achieving our goal of making wealth management accessible to Africans, we work with a lot of data from different sources.
- We are looking for a Data scientist who will make these data fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
- You will help us analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns and use them to optimize our performance.
- You will build data products to extract valuable business insights, analyze trends, and help us make better decisions. We are looking for someone passionate about answering tough questions with data.
- Design, build, and manage data pipeline infrastructure that will power our products and our internal analytics tools.
- Identify the required data needed by the analytics tools and work with the engineering team to ensure such data is collected and available to produce relevant business insights.
- Work with the product teams to create new products and features based on derived insights from data.
- Build robust data models, reports, and visualizations to support the business
- Create predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Identify the needs of the business and product teams, and come up with appropriate data-driven solutions.
- Bachelors degree in Computer science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, or a related field
- You have a solid grounding in SQL and Python and are comfortable using them every day. You enjoy exploring data, designing and evaluating machine learning models.
- You are a team player and you enjoy working with a diverse group of people to solve problems.
- Experience with open-source data science/machine learning, analytics tools, libraries, and frameworks like Scikit learn, Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scipy, Tensorflow etc
- 2+ years of experience working as a data scientist, developing data pipelines and analytics.
- Experience involving using quantitative data analysis to solve real-world problems.
- You are skilled and experienced in extracting insights from data and communicating such insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply