Dana Airlines Limited operating as Dana Air is a fully private sector-owned carrier. The airline commenced flight operations on 10 November 2008 and has since its inauguration progressively developed a route network bringing convenience and choice to the flying public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Commercial
Location: Lagos (LOS)
Reports to: Accountable Manager
Direct Subordinate: All Commercial Team
- The Head of Commercial is responsible to drive the performance of the local employees appointed in order to increase passenger load factors and market share profitably, and to improve yield and contribution Monitoring the sales activities at airport and customer service delivery
- Responsible for generating maximum revenue through all avenue and vendors
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To ensure clear and practical activity plans are in place and that the results are closely monitored and analyzed to maximize contribution of the staff.
- To continuously explore areas to generate revenue that will help the territory exceed required targets
- To initiate and maintain regular contact with principal officers in government departments, local and international companies and travel organizers representing different market segments to ensure travel where possible
- To provide feedback and recommendations to management on existing products and services, alternate routes and destinations, changes to existing destinations, the opening and closing of stations, fares and timings of connections to ensure the strongest possible competitive local position
- To be commercially aware of all issues affecting performance including competitors’ activities that could ultimately affect
- To maintain and improve local personnel standards and performance to ensure all available and appointed resources are working at an optimal level.
- To develop a strong sense of teamwork locally, demonstrating shared goals and values with appointed representatives and business partners.
- To prepare the weekly and monthly reports from the Avaya system regarding the calls received, missed and abandoned calls. Report to be sent to AM
- To check and verify daily email reverts on the Contact. Call center and Reservation
- To escalate any mail to be handied, along with the legal issues and threats from different pax or even from the CPC and CPD/FCCPC or NCAA to be handled on a daily basis, delay in the same attracts penalty
- To ensure refunds for escalated cases to be paid on priory by the Account Team
- To monitor FOC tickets and issuance of the same to be checked as per the agreements of approvals shared with media team or any other parties
- To check daily reports such as CCDR and TSR and ensure accuracy
- To handle feedback forms from Cabin services and ensure passengers are contacted via mail or call where necessary
- To manage all local resources to ensure optimum utilization and to ensure expenditure remains within pre-determined budgetary levels
- To ensure all customer feedback/complaints are promptly addressed and service recovery done in a timely manner
- To manage members account and updating records to avoid duplicity
- To manage and properly record and credit members account with miles for used ticket not include their membership number during booking process and those newly enrolled.
- To initiate possible ideas, marketing strategies on creating new Promo’s to enhance revenue
- To monitor corporate sales online (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) analyzing their performance
- To follow up on sundry debtors and ensure the timely collection of invoice Payments from Corporate Accounts
- To send emails on fare notification, new route, and any changes in corporate
- To supervise corporate booking with reservation team and issues with Accounts team
- To network and build new contacts at corporate events (Coordinating with Media Team)
Key Result Areas:
- Maximize contribution of staff
- Maximize revenue generation through all possible channels
- Maintain relationship with concerned parties to ensure travel where possible
- Feedback and recommendations to management
- Manage local resources to ensure optimum utilization
DAL Person Behavior:
- Teamwork and Collaboration Synergy: be innovative by taking advantages of opportunities by working with others, building strategic relationships towards result deliverable.
- Integrity: Self-motivated focused on quality outcome using strategic plans to address customers inquiries and demands while maintaining transparence and equality
- Safety: To maintain the highest standards of safety throughout our operations by fostering a safety culture among our staff and station,
- Respect: To recognize the need for development that meets the various needs of our customers and staff, while improving on diversity and inclusion program.
- Excellence: To consistently appraise current practice both at current task and team deliverables while adopting legal and best practice.
- Admin Unit
- Ground Operations Unit
- Cabin Services Unit
- Commercial Unit
- Operations Unit
- IT Unit
- Human Resources Unit
- Security Unit
- Account Unit
- Audit Unit
- Engineering Unit
- Flight Operations Unit
Qualifications / Education
- Minimum of a Degree in Economics or Social Sciences or equivalent
- Must have 5-year managerial experience with relevant working experience as Commercial and Revenue Management and 3 years in the Aviation sector
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.