The University of Lagos founded in 1962, has, for over 5 decades, provided qualitative and research-oriented education to Nigerians and all those who have entered its domain in search of knowledge. The University has built a legacy of excellence and has been instrumental in the production of top range graduates and academia who have had tremendous impact, directly or indirectly, on growth and development in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Creative Partnerships Coordinator (CPC)
Duration of contract: 12-month and it is between January, 2022 and December, 2022.
- The African Hub for Sustainable Creative Economies; King’s College, UK; University of Nairobi; University of Lagos; and University of Witwatersrand, South Africa require the services of a Creative Partnerships Coordinator (CPC) in Lagos.
- The African Hub for Sustainable Creative Economies is centred on creative collaboration activities and the development of a virtual knowledge hub (‘the hub’). The hub aims to become a point of reference to support creative entrepreneurship in Africa, raise the profile of African academic work and foster collaborations for sustainable creative economies development in Africa.
- The Creative Partnership Coordinator (CPC) will support collaborative project activities and content creation for the hub.
- Their role will be to facilitate series of collaborative innovation activities and act as a central broker amongst local partners, HEIs, intermediaries and creative entrepreneurs.
Network Building and Communication:
- Engage a wide range of organisations and individuals with the project and its outputs.
- Map existing collaborations and opportunities for new collaborations with project partners, entrepreneurs, creative intermediaries and policymakers.
Develop Content for the Hub:
- Conduct 10 short online video interviews with local creative entrepreneurs to share knowledge about their career development and work practices.
- Carry out 5 short online interviews with local intermediary or support organisations about support services and infrastructure that creatives can access (for example: creative entrepreneurship and finance).
Organise 3 Virtual Collaborative Imagination Weeks:
- Work with creative entrepreneurs, project partners and academic researchers or community groups etc. to identify development needs around key themes/pathways such as:
- University of Lagos: 1) Performing Arts between national and local heritage; 2) Performing Arts and Community Engagement; 3) Performing Arts online and offline.
Manage a Creative Collaborations Voucher Scheme:
- Distribute a call to participants in the Collaborative Imagination Weeks for collaborative proposals.
- Manage applications and contribute to the selection process for 10 projects
Please Turn Over:
- Follow and record collaborations:
- Follow 10 selected collaborations for 6 months to capture and share knowledge and learning from the projects.
Essential and Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Networking skills and Industry Knowledge and contacts (performing arts specifically)
- Collaborative attitude
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Experience in conducting online or face-to-face interviews (desirable)
- Knowledge of / understanding of the nature of academic research
- Organisational skills
- Administrative skills
- Computer Literacy:
- Knowledge of online coms platforms (Zoom, Skype, Teams)
- Microsoft Office
- Blogging/Vlogging (desirable)
- WordPress content management (desirable)
- Budgeting (desirable).
- The CPCs will work closely with department staff members at their local partner HEI (University of Nairobi, University of Lagos, and University of Witwatersrand).
- The CPCs will also work with their counterparts at other HEIs to ensure the projects progress consistently and to share challenges and strategies and learn from each other.
- The CPCs will receive support and mentoring from the Project Leaders and Project Team Members at the local HEI and in the UK.
- Overall, the work of each CPC will be supervised and guided both by the local HEI and project partners and the UK academic team.
£6,600 + £600 for mobile date / in Naira for the CPC based at the University of Lagos.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Personal Statements and Resumes to the “Research Management Office” via: [email protected] and cc: [email protected] & [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
Application Deadline 10th December, 2021.