Wemy Industries is one of the foremost indigenous and oldest established manufacturers in Lagos, Nigeria. We specialize in producing baby diapers, feminine sanitary napkins/pads, panty liners, adult diapers, maternity pads, under pads and baby wipes under the umbrella brand names of ‘Dr. Browns’ and ‘Nightingale’
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Lagos (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually costs report analysis by product, by brand, by regions, by depots, by customer type, by departments, by units, by operation/function.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually gross margin analysis by product, by brand, by regions, by depots, by customer type.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly KPIs, Inventory movement, inventory age/days.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly factory/machine outputs.
- Formulate and develop appropriate inventory level models.
- Formulating and implanting appropriate enterprise-wide cost control and cost reduction measures and policies.
- Formulating and implementing appropriate enterprise-wide cost classification, separation estimation and allocation policies and procedures.
- Advising on the cost implications and consequences of business decisions.
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward.
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories.
- Prepare detailed cost account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory, liability accounts by customer type by regions.
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regard to cost analysis and profitability.
- Assist in providing management reporting for decision-making, including project appraisal, evaluation and post-implementation analysis.
- Managing enterprise-wide capital expenditure.
- Carrying out continuous reviews of enterprise-wide working practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Ensuring compliance and implementation of adequate and appropriate internal controls.
- Preparing collateral reporting/valuation.
- Work in special projects as required.
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to Management.
- Produce monthly budgets, management accounts variance analysis and commentaries and ensuring spending is kept in line with budget.
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting.
- Any other duties that may be prescribed from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or any other related discipline.
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Five (5) years relevant work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply