Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We afre recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Media Planning, Buying and Monitoring
Employment type: Contract
Consultancy Period: May – December 2021 (with the possibility of extension).
- Core to this package of work will be to oversee the buying of broadcast media airtime and closely work with BA’s media partners and Broadcast monitors to ensure strict broadcast compliance on all BA’s media contents, especially Radio and Television spots.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiating and purchasing airtime from broadcasters in all BA states
- Develop media buying strategy and plans based on negotiated rates
- Maintaining weekly and monthly monitoring report of all BA spots and programmes in radio and TV stations in all BA states
- Generating relationships with new media partners (where possible).
- Working with Media team to negotiate for transmission/broadcast time for all BA’s programmes
- Keeping good records of all BA’s media contents and their broadcast status.
- Updating all monitoring information/feedback
- Liaising with HQ on purchasing contracts and payment of vendors
- Providing a weekly and monthly report on media performance and share with line manager
- Maintaining regular and ongoing communications with media and non-media partners, keeping them up to date on relevant broadcast developments, and reflecting their feedback back to organization.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Requirements, Education and / or Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years experience of working with the Media, Production, and Public Relations agency.
- Proven organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and be well versed in the use of the computer especially Microsoft excel.
- Strong understanding of the role of communications in development organizations.
- Mentoring, training, and developing staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and at least one other Nigerian language.
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and work effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Media Buying Agency background would be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Nigeria Media Landscape
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative and make a sound judgment while maintaining a team player spirit.
- Ability to multitask and deliver promptly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF to: [email protected] using the “Consultancy Title and Location” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 27th April, 2021.