Rendeavour is Africa’s largest urban land developer with over 30,000 acres of visionary projects in the growth trajectories of large cities in Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Rendeavour’s vision goes beyond alleviating what is a self-evident problem – that of stifling urban congestion and a dearth of quality housing and commercial property in Africa. Rather, we aim to help create the infrastructure – the living and working spaces, communities, schools and hospitals – that will help sustain and accelerate Africa’s economic growth, meet the aspirations of Africa’s burgeoning middle classes, and serve as a catalyst for further urban development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Intern
Reporting Line: Project Manager, Alaro City
The Construction Intern shall work with a project team and gain experience, in preparation for a career in Construction Project Management. The intern’s placement can range from pre-construction through project closeout.
- Responsibilities may include, but won’t be limited to, subcontractor solicitation, quantity take-offs, project documentation and field coordination and supervision.
- The intern will be based at the Alaro City office and will also frequent construction projects in Alaro City.
- Responsible for taking the construction management notes, minutes and writing reports of all technical meetings.
- Assist in various stages in the construction management process such as design participation, contract drafting, site supervision and civil work, services, infrastructure, finishes, budgeting and scheduling.
- Assist and collaborate with Superintendents, Project Managers, Contractors, Subcontractors, Lead Engineers and Architects, enabling an advanced integration and coordination of the different roles that are required for successful construction projects.
- Assist with change management and clarifications, directives, RFIs, etc. are in line with the corporate governance handbook (CGHB) and ensure that the documentation is updated in real-time and coordinated with team members and subcontractors/suppliers to maintain smooth and efficient delivery.
- Assist the construction manager with HSE programs and training to ensure Incident and Injury-Free Workplace safety culture on site. Ensuring that contractors and visitors to site recognize and reinforce best safety practices, and gain a comprehensive understanding of different safety laws and regulations.
Hard Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Project Management or Real Estate focused discipline;
- Prior industrial training construction-related internships or work experience is beneficial, but not required;
- Other relevant certification is a plus;
- Excellent planning skills;
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel;
- Basic knowledge of construction
- Strong leadership and management abilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Rigorous and organized approach; and
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- The ability to quickly pick up new skills;
- The desire to expand their base knowledge of construction and gain exposure to new areas of the business;
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to work in spreadsheets, word processors;
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Lagos.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an up-to-dated CV to: [email protected] quoting ‘Construction Intern’ as the subject of the mail.