The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Requisition ID: req29046
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Employment Category: Regular
Job Overview / Summary
The Compliance Manager will support the Compliance Coordinator to oversee ethics and compliance related functions across the country program. The core purpose of the role is:
- To build a safe and compliant working environment within IRC, through proactive prevention initiatives to reduce wrongdoing and timely, coordinated action where behavior is suspected to be inconsistent with IRC values and policies.
Prevention: Create a safe and compliant environment:
- Provide oversight to all country field office locations (operations and programs) to ensure compliance with internal IRC policies and procedures, applicable Nigerian laws and donor regulations.
- Conduct regular spot-checks and compliance assessments; document findings and propose solutions and mitigating measures
- Participate in grant start up and close out meetings
- Instill a strong culture of ethics and compliance by providing on-going training, capacity building and advice to staff and partners as needed
- Support records management and archiving processes to assist with the proper filing of documentation.
- Support on special projects and other tasks as assigned by your line manager.
- Support in the investigation of allegations of suspected fraud and misconduct
- Contribute to supporting partner compliance including their selection, agreements, reviewing supporting documentation, trainings and ad hoc compliance support as needed
- Support donor and internal audits and provide follow-up support on the timely implementation of audit findings and action plans in conjunction with key country program staff
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: Compliance Coordinator
- Position directly supervises: None
- Internal: All sectors and departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Audit, Finance or other relevant subject area
- 5-7 years’ experience working in finance/audit/compliance related function. Experience in the NGO/humanitarian sector is desirable.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Previous experience in conducting training/capacity building
- Knowledge of institutional donors would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with local and remote team members at multiple levels in the organization. Experience in working collaboratively and/or advocating with other sectors and teams.
- Ability to travel to other IRC field sites and field project sites to promote ethics and compliance awareness
- Computer skills are required – MS Office package and Internet
- Self-motivated, highly responsible, punctual, flexible, culturally sensitive. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication and report writing skills are essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with team members
- Ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically and in a confidential manner
- Commitment to upholding and modeling IRC’s core values (the IRC Way), demonstrating high standards of ethics and integrity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply