Redwoods Capital Limited – We are an investment marketplace that aggregates carefully profiled investment opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance and Risk Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Compliance Officer to ensure that our operations and business transactions align with all relevant regulatory, legal and internal rules.
- You will be required to design, review and enforce the company’s compliance with relevant regulatory regimes, employee compliance with internal (and external) rules, and policies and control on transactions and business processes.
- To succeed in this role, you should be a reliable professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions.
- Continuously review and monitor changes in regulatory regimes, laws, policies, rules as they impact the company, people and business processes.
- Develop and implement an effective risk assessment and compliance program for corporate and business processes
- Carry out and document research as they relate to our industry and business activities
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Address employee concerns or questions on compliance
- Keep abreast of business goals, as well as internal and external standards and business goals.
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Draft and revise contracts, company policies, and proactively audit processes, practices and documents
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments, financial transactions) to assess compliance and risk
- Design and enforce KYC, AML and CFT compliance for customers, partners and other party onboarding
- Collaborate with the board, management, trustees, regulators, external auditors, human resources department and other units when required
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least, a BA in Law (preferably) or a B.Sc in Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Is familiar with our industry’s regulatory landscape, practices and professional standards
- Has quality/proven experience in risk management and compliance.
- For a plus, is a sponsored individual with the SEC
- Has integrity and sound professional ethics
- Has an eye for detail, is comfortable reviewing numbers, and works well with others.
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years work experience.
- Has excellent research and writing skill, and can write an industry analysis report
- For a plus, has a relevant professional certification (e.g. Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional – CCEP)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 31st July, 2021.