The Mines Advisory Group (MAG) is a global humanitarian and advocacy organisation that finds, removes and destroys landmines, cluster munitions and unexploded bombs from places affected by conflict.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Liaison Team Leader
Employment type: Full time
- Provide support and advice to the PM regarding current and future CL activities and tasks for Borno State.
- Provides guidance to CL teams through the management of the PM.
- Support implementation of new program activities and development of CL in new program areas.
- Support the implementation and review of QA/QC procedures for CL
- Support the planning, collection and sharing of case studies
- Support MAG during joint assessments with NGOs that require CL input/expertise
- Support design and implementation of MRE activities as required
- Communicate and coordinate with MAG PM regarding CL/MRE issues
- Ensure information / requests circulated from the PM are responded to and/or circulated to the relevant CL staff.
- Conduct regular M&E of CL activities and ensure that recommendations from monitoring visits are acted upon
- Provides support to MAG’s Community Focal Points
- Deliver relevant CL training to new CL staff
- Provide support to and participate in the recruitment of new CL staff
- Report CL related work/issue to PM as required
- Report the CL activities on a daily basis.
- Should be an indigen of Borno state and should provide proof of indigeneity.
- Experience of data gathering, management and analysis including the development of data gathering mechanisms and tools
- Experience of working with rural communities from a variety of different ethnic groups.
- Good communication and team work skills
- Computer literacy
- Hausa, Kanuri and English language skills.
- Previous experience of using participatory techniques to gather information in at-risk communities
- Previous experience of carrying out community-based education activities or similar
- University Degree in the field of Sociology, Education or any other related area of Experience in overseeing and managing field-based staff and supporting work planning processes
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using ” MAG_CLTL_YOUR NAME ” as the subject of the email.
- Use ” MAG_CLTL_YOUR NAME ” as the Title of the letter
- Applications which do not adhere to these instructions will not be reviewed
Application Deadline 31st August, 2021.