Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu, Enugu State is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
- The position of the College Librarian, Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu is vacant. In accordance with the relevant provisions of the College Act, the College hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant post of College Librarian, Federal College of. Education, Eha, Amufu, Enugu State
Duties of the College Librarian
- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer of the College and is responsible to the Provost for the administration of the College Library and the coordination of Library services in the College, its schools and other teaching and research units.
- As the head of an academic Unit, the successful candidate will be expected to provide both administrative and academic leadership.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must not be less than a Deputy Librarian by rank. He / she must have at least 18 years relevant experience in the College of Education system.
- The candidate must also show a clear understanding of a 21st Century College Library and demonstrate considerable experience in its management and administration.
- He / she must have the ability to initiate research and must be knowledgeable in the application of -relevant computer software in Library operations / services especially the E.Library.
- Must possess a good Honours Degree in Library / Information Science from a recognized University.
- Must also possess a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University. Possession of a Doctorate Degree is an advantage.
- The Candidate must at least be a registered member of Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- He / she must show evidence of substantial contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable Journals.
- Candidate must not be older than fifty nine (59) years at the time of assumption of duty.
Conditions of Service
The conditions attached to this position are as generally applicable in all Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria and may from time to time be determined by the College Governing Council in consultation with the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE).
Appointment of the candidate shall be for a period of five (5) years in the first instance. The candidate may be eligible for reappointment for another five years subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit Twenty (20) typewritten copies of their Applications, Credentials and detailed CV giving information in the order listed below:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Date of Birth / Evidence of Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Marital Status / Next-of-kin
- List of Publications with details of Titles, Publishers or Journals, Dates and Pages (where applicable)
- Work experience with Dates
- Details of Administrative Experience and Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Candidates are advised to request three (3) referees (one of them must be the present employer and two who must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields) to forward reports on them directly to the Provost.
- State and Local Government Area of Origin
- Permanent Home Address (Not PO. Box or P,M.B.)
- Current Postal Address
- E.mail Address and Contact Phone Number
- Number of Children (Names and Ages)
- Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
The application should be enclosed in an envelope, sealed and marked “College Librarian” at the top right-hand corner and addressed to:
Federal College of Education,
P.M.B. 2001, Eha-Amufu,
- Late applications will not be entertained.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 29th March, 2021.