Ad Dynamo is Africa’s largest digital sales house, representing Verizon Media, Twitter, Snapchat and Spotify in SA and sub-Saharan Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Collections Analyst, Africa
Job Type: Full time
- Aleph is the largest global partner of leading digital platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Spotify, and 15 others, exclusively representing them across 90+ markets in Latin America, Europe, EMEA and APAC.
- Their portfolio includes IMS- Internet media services with a focus in Latin America, Httpool with a focus in Europe and Asia, Social Snack, a social content, and creative development agency, and Wise.Blue, the largest performance tech-API platform for Twitter.
- Ad Dynamo is an Aleph Group Inc company. We are a global sales house that represents leading digital media platforms across various regions of the globe, such as Snapchat, Spotify, Twitter, and Yahoo.
- Aiming to connect advertisers to every digitally connected user in its respective markets, Ad Dynamo equips its brands and agencies with the market know-how and innovative strategies to maximise their ROI’s.
- By joining Ad Dynamo you’ll be part of a global digital media business that represents some of the world’s leading digital platforms with the opportunity to forge a rewarding career.
- The Collections Analyst will assist the Global Credit, Collection & Risk Director in providing financial and collections expertise to Ad Dynamo. This role is responsible for in-depth credit analysis on accounts in Greater Africa (Nigeria / Ghana), the collection of past overdue balances, reconciliation of cash receipts, and the preparation of monthly status reports.
- The Collection Analyst will serve as the point of contact and liaise between local markets, internal collections, sales teams, as well as management. The individual will ensure all corporate policies and deadlines are being followed on a consistent basis.
- The Collections Analyst reports to the Global Credit, Collection & Risk Director, but has direct responsibility for providing service to the Ad Dynamo and related affiliates.
- Some travel will be required to visit clients and offices in the region.
50% Accounts Receivable:
- Overseeing billing and collections for the Greater Africa (Nigeria & Ghana) region by serving as point person for coordination of day-to-day matters with finance teams in the market.
- This role will be responsible for Greater Africa Accounts Receivable (AR) balances by initiating direct contact with the clients in those regions.
- In addition, they will manage the coordination of AR information with other Africa-based offices that directly handle Billing & Collections.
- Assess and establish credit limits according to corporate policy and assign payment terms.
- Maintain proper documentation in all credit files to ensure that the Record Retention and Internal Audit policies and procedures are followed.
- Preparation of aging reports, bad debt analysis, agency incentive analysis, cash forecasts, collections status, and other miscellaneous reports as needed.
- Interface closely with Ad Sales, Client Services personnel, and external and internal departments to analyze, collect, and reconcile all accounts for collections
- Monthly review of the Aging to include direct follow-up of AR status with all regions.
- Monthly calls and visits to agencies and reps to inquire on remittance status to ensure our cash flow levels are adequately maintained
- Monitor proper allocation of cash receipts and related reporting such as cash apps and wire instructions
- Preparation of management reports with AR status including monthly highlights and challenges for all markets
50% Credit Analysis:
- Evaluating the creditworthiness of potential clients.
- Creating credit scoring models for risk assessments.
- Ensuring all credits and payment terms comply with internal policy.
- Maintaining records of all credit records.
- Monitoring debt payments and bad debts.
- Reviewing and updating the company’s credit policy.
- Approving and rejecting credit to clients based on available data.
- Negotiating the terms of payments with new clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or similar field.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years of previous finance, credit analysis, and collections experience, including monthly close and financial information preparation.
- Strong analytical and communications skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must have advanced proficiency in Excel; Power BI experience beneficial
- Able to prioritise tasks and collaborate with a multifunctional team and report to various stakeholders across the business
- Proactive, self-starter and independent thinker.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written.
- High customer service required for collections responsibilities.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly and perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- A market related salary
- Flexi-time and remote working
- Contribute to establishing a globally recognized brand
- Opportunity to build your career
- Great working culture with regular office events and team building
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply