Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Advocate – IoT-Global
Job number 1053569
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full Time
- Join our team and make the world better for developers and tech adopters!
- We are building the Developer Relations and Cloud Advocate dream team in Microsoft engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers and makers of all backgrounds. We’re excited to support and contribute to open-source platforms, tools, and processes.
- We’re spreading awareness of Microsoft Clouds, Power Platform, Dynamics 365, Azure and Microsoft 365, and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn. This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers and makers. Sound exciting?
- This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: aka.ms/meettheteam.
- Creating technical content that showcases the magic of Microsoft products to our existing and future customers
- Amplifying this content across existing channels (MS Learn, Docs, YouTube), your own channels. as well as new channels that we might not even know about yet.
- Bring feedback from tech adopters/devs the world back to the product teams and ensure these concerns are addressed.
- Highlighting stories of customers who are doing exceptional work in their communities and businesses by deeply integrating into these communities.
- You should be comfortable on stage and on camera because there is LOTS of presentation work to be done.
- You should be comfortable writing technical documentation because there is a lot of contributing to written content.
- Ideally, you have your own tech content channel (blog, YouTube, etc)—we’d love to see it as part of your resume.
- Familiar presence in impactful IoT Communities
- Experience producing scalable content in form of presentations, webinars, videos, conference material
- Ability to organize and present content in large audience settings
- Ability to deliver device workshops with technical considerations to provide frictionless developer experience.
- Experience working with large product teams
- Prior Software Engineering Experience
- Ability to create end-to-end IoT solutions/PoCs from device to cloud
- AI/ML experience a plus
- Comfortability with embedded OS’s based on Windows and Linux
- Comfortability with multi-architecture toolchains and compiler tools
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.