Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Cleaner
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 30 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted Creative Associates International to implement the Northeast ConNEction activity to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict. By targeting communities not yet under the control of violent extremist organizations (VEOs), this activity will seize the opportunity to mitigate the grievances that make communities vulnerable to violent extremism, while building social cohesion within and across communities in northeast Nigeria.
- In addition to helping North – Eastern Nigerians create a stronger foundation against the violent extremist and conflict threats, the activity is designed to develop local capacity to respond to emerging threats. In order to enable flexible and adaptive management of the activity in a complex environment, the activity includes a focused effort on research and analysis of the threats and coordination around programmatic opportunities and responses
- The cleaner will be responsible for daily cleaning and generator maintenance.
- The cleaner will ensure that the office is clean and orderly and presentable to visitors.
- The office cleaner will keep tidy the kitchen, lobby, toilets, offices, empty rubbish bins, ensure that the yard is clean and maintained and monitor generator usage, turning on the generator in the morning, and ensuring that the generator is secured in the evening.
- Upon request, the cleaner may assist other staff members with simple administrative tasks like photocopying or filing.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Cleaner reports to the HR Manager in Yola and to the Program manager in the field offices.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Keep office clean and orderly, including the kitchen, lobby, and toilets.
- Prepare coffee, tea, and meals as required for staff and local partners during working hours.
- Manage generator and ensure timely and accurate recording of basic usage logs
- Assist in organizing and preparing the office for meetings.
- Assist the Administration or Logistics Officer with filing.
- Assist team members to do photocopying, scanning, and filing if possible.
- Empty rubbish bins.
- Maintain yard and basic landscaping duties.
- Inform the Administration or Logistics Officer of any required office supplies such as drinking water, toiletries, etc.
- Inform the Administration or Logistics Officer of any required building repairs.
- Any other work as required.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Secondary school certificate is preferred
- Good communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be a person with initiative and high moral integrity.
- A good team player with pleasant personality.
- Ability to handle multiple and potentially competing deadline.