Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: KDG Analyst
Job ID: 20216656
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Compliance and Control
Job Family Group: Compliance and Control
Job Family: Business KYC
- The Nigeria Corporate Banking and Global subsidiaries group is seeking a Know Your Customer (KYC) Analyst to research, prepare and complete the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) due diligence records for UK client base;
- The candidate will be a member of a dedicated team focused on the KYC required by Citi on its Financial Institutions clients;
- The team is responsible for the timely completion of KYC records in assigned portfolio, including “onboarding” and “renewal” records, and managing the population in regard to any expired records;
- Role is 100% and training will be provided.
- Prepare client-specific KYC-related analyses and complete Customer Acquisition Due Diligence where required
- Work with the Business Support Unit to assess documentation requirements for client legal entities and jurisdictions
- Interact with clients to obtain KYC and other compliance information and documentation where escalations from BSU 2.0 are raised
- Undertake KYC activities for the on-boarding of new clients, working closely with the BSU to ensure timely on-boarding and reduction of touch points
- Act as KYCO for approval of KYC records for UK on behalf of Coverage Business
- Assist Coverage team with all KYC related activities (NCOF, NAOF, Credit Only, Client On-boarding, etc)
- Review and evaluate recent negative news related to clients
- Liaise with internal Compliance personnel on the application of KYC policy;
- Liaise with Sales Account Managers to ascertain information on the purpose of client accounts, transaction volumes etc.
- Interact with clients, parent account bankers, subsidiary bankers and product partners on AML and KYC-related issues
- Support the wider EMEA KA team with projects which help the organization meet its regulatory deliverables
- A BSc / BA degree
- Attention to detail with strong follow-up and good judgment
- “Owner/Completer” approach
- Self-starter, able to work independently when needed, and to prioritize tasks
- Team Player, able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long term projects
- A postgraduate degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
- Experience with MS Office tools: PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Experience and knowledge of KYC preferred, particularly in the Correspondent Banking space;
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience, preferably in Banking;
- Client Service experience and/or Front Office experience helpful;
- Compliance knowledge an advantage;
- Experience working in a global, dynamic environment;
- Knowledge of Citi and Citi KYC systems an advantage;