uLesson is a venture-backed education technology business whose mission is to enable African learners to reach their maximum potential by making high-quality digital education services widely accessible. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 1 and 12 with access to high-quality, curriculum-relevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our uLesson App has been downloaded over 2 miliion times and we’ve been featured by credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Techcrunch, Quartz and Business insider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cinematographer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- We are searching for a skilled and creative cinematographer to join our team.
- The Cinematographer’s responsibilities include reading scripts, creatively interpreting them, and directing. You will be working closely with a team of creatives that includes animators, tutors, illustrators, script writers and more.
- Analyzing scripts, characters, story structure and deciding on a visual approach
- Plans, directs, coordinates, reviews production scripts
- Manage all aspects of the filming and operate the camera
- Working on multiple projects at once, organized and diligent in managing shifting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Working with the post-production team to ensure the desired effects are preserved and that the mood of the production is maintained.
- Costume and props coordination
- Create a creative storyboard and assists with creative development.
- Works efficiently to stay on schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film Production or a similar discipline.
- Artistic ability and excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Understand shot composition, movement, and color
- Experience with the following: Cameras (DSLR, mirrorless), Camera support (gimbals, jib, etc.)
- Extensive experience working in the film industry or in video production.
- Stamina and physical strength.
- A passion for film and good eye for detail.
- Detail-oriented and demonstrate good creative intelligence.
- Strong technical knowledge of cameras.
- Strong communication skills and a Team Player.
- Excellent listening ability.
- Flexible approach to adapting knowledge already accumulated to achieve an improved result.
- An eye for detail and a mind for fast invention.
- Thorough understanding of the film production process..
- Ability to produce films, including setting up, shooting, processing, and editing.
N300,000 – N400,000 Salary Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Portfolio telling us a bit about yourself to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email