Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non-profit organization that has provided free health care services to under-served populations in Nigeria for over 30 years. CDC and USAID have funded PHI to implement HIVIAIDS prevention, treatment and care projects, OVC projects and Global Health security projects.
Pro-Health International is inviting suitable candidates to fill the underlisted position below, contingent on an award on the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) funded by USAID to be implemented in Nigeria:
Job Title: Chief of Party (COP)
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project and report directly to the designated USAID Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR).
- The COP will supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- The proposed COP must have a solid track record in managing the implementation of large-scale programs with similar complexity.
- She must have solid technical knowledge in HIVADS, infectious diseases (malaria and TB), matemal and child health, HSS, QAQI etc.
- The COP position requires political sawy, as s/he will interact with numerous GON institutions and senior-level national and sub-national level government officials.
- The proposed COP must possess excellent leadership and interpersonal qualities and should have extensive experience in public international health.
- S/he should have experience managing similar projects with significant management responsibility with proven ability to work with partners including host country government officials as well as other donors and stakeholders.
Qualifications / Skills
At a minimum, the proposed COP will have:
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Public Health or Medicine.
- Seven (7) years of experience in senior program management implementing international development activities in Africa, with preference given to HIV / AIDS.
- Progressive senior level management experience in managing complex public health programs, or programs of similar size and complexity, including demonstrable experience in design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting.
- Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation,
- Must have the ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV as one document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Equal Opportunity: Pro-Health International is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 14th September, 2021.