KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria, is a non-profit public health organization firmly equipped with technical and administrative capacity in providing technical TB and TB/HIV support services, strengthening TB service delivery, support health system strengthening and research in Nigeria. Our programs are designed to advance the WHO Global End TB strategy of creating a world free of TB. We employ a systems approach, using data-driven quality improvement methods to identify and address gaps in TB diagnostic and treatment services. Our work to end TB focuses on collaborative planning, design, and implementation, engaging the private sector, strengthening service delivery platforms, community structures and improving the quality of services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Central Project Coordinator
Vacancy number: KN054
The USAID Funded COVID-19 Vaccination Acceleration Project (1 Year)
- This project seeks to promote COVID-19 vaccine access, acceptability, and uptake, while strengthening adverse drug reaction feedback and timely response, by leveraging on the ongoing USAID-supported TB LON 1 & 2 project structures.
- This project has the primary objective of accelerating widespread and equitable access to and delivery of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccination to unvaccinated individuals at community and facility level in the seven selected USAID TB LON supported states (Anambra, Bauchi, Taraba, Cross River, Kano, Imo & Kaduna) in Nigeria, by supporting the NPHCDA’s SCALES Strategy.
Position in the Organization
- The Central Project Coordinator will ensure acceptance and also address the challenges posed by vaccine hesitancy, by strategically integrating the vaccination program within 7 states – KNCV Nigeria TB LON community outreach TB ACF intervention while also leveraging on its structure in the supported public health facilities. S/he will provide technical oversight and guidance to state COVID Vaccination project Coordinators to ensure quality planning and harmonization of SCALES approaches.
- Hierarchically, the Central Project Coordinator reports to the KNCV TB Foundation Director of Technical Program.
- Development of implementation guidance and monitoring framework for COVID Vaccination SCALES strategies
- Coordinate the documentation and dissemination of project results
- Identify relevant technical assistance needs for COVID Vaccination program as well as coordinate the engagement and delivering of such technical assistance
- Provide statewide technical and managerial oversight of the project implementation
- Periodic program reviews and contextual analyses of the project aimed at performance improvement and efficiency gains
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Minimum of a Degree in Medicine. Additional advantage include Master’s degree in Public health or other relevant Public Health disciplines.
- Possess strong management, interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- At least 5 years’ experience working with: Public Health Program or vaccine program at various levels
- Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
- Proven working knowledge and fluency in written and oral English required.
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills are required.
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
What Do We Offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) short-term contract with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references which must be indicated on your CV and can be submitted via: recru[email protected] indicating the Job Position and Vacancy Number as the subject of the email and in their Cover Letter subject heading.
- For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255.
- Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email.
Application Deadline 21st April, 2022.