Unilever Nigeria Plc – Welcome to Unilever, a global multinational and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company with products sold in over 190 countries and more than 2 billion consumers across the world who use our amazing products everyday!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Category Manager, Home Care
Job ID: R-33862
- Mainly responsible for the deployment and execution of category marketing plans across multiple platforms.
- Manage and grow Home Care category through category-driven activation, renovation of current core portfolio and brilliant implementation of NPD platforms
- Achieve category share and profitable NPS/profit growth targets through translation of category & marketing plans into market-implementation and customer plans (with potential for tailor-made activities).
- Champion the consumer needs and category passion within the overall business
- Champion competitive behaviour and mindset throughout the business and translate it into targeted marketing activities to grow category share
- Deliver market and customer-knowledge driven input into innovation platform projects and category planning to ensure requirements of brands will be met in the future.
- Lead market implementation of those platforms and develop world-class activation mix.
- Development of a share-growth-oriented marketing & category plan that seizes opportunities in product renovation, pricing strategy, competitor activities, customer/channel (e.g. convenience format, discounter) specific needs
- Represent product (insights), category strategy and product quality requirements on the cross-functional discounter team
- Champion optimal launch of innovation platform
- Work with communication team to ensure single minded communication message is created in line with the category building communication plan, consistent with category needs.
- Monitor and review effectiveness of innovation and renovation programme to inform future plans. Ensure continued focus on and support of innovation platforms once launched.
- Develop & lead implementation of activation platforms and ideas based on the category vision plan and work with agencies for RM, PR, BTL deliverables for the category.
- Translate marketing & category plan into a business framework and optimise commercial opportunities (identify threats). Feed into monthly and annual planning processes.
- Develop and implement 12-18 month portfolio roadmap including product range & quality, brand build, value delivery for consumers, pricing & affordability, range extension.
- Pro-actively feed market, category and customer requirements into platform innovation projects
Critical success Factors for the Job
Relevant Experience (Essential):
- Four (4) to (6) six years relevant experience in category management in a Fast-Moving-Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment.
- Business Management and Category development experience will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Business Financial with the view of growing profitable brands.
Key Competencies (SOL’s):
- Purpose & Service
- Personal Mastery
- Business Acumen
- Talent Catalyst
- Consumer Love
- Passion for High Performance.
- Show Empathy & Curiosity
- Generate Powerful Insight
- Design & Nurture Exceptional Product Experiences
- Lead & Inspire Bold Creative Work
- Create Agile Integrated Engagement Plans
- Executive Flawlessly, Track & Optimize.
- Transform Data Into Action
- Craft and Champion Purposeful Brands
- Create Focused Growth Strategies and Plan
- Generate Breakthrough Ideas
Other Functional Skills:
- Category Management
- Information Management
- Business strategy and formulation
- Business Planning and implementation
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Commercial Acumen.
Internal Stakeholders the role interface with:
- Category Leads
- CD Director
- Supply Chain
- MIS Manager
- R & D
- Regulatory Affairs
- Brand Managers and Assistants
- Key Account Managers
- Channel & Category Development Managers
- CCM & CMI
External Stakeholders the role interface with:
- Brand Agencies
- Media Agencies
- Pack Design
- Marketing Research Agencies
- Public Relation Consultancy as required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply