The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Management Intern
Job ID: R1671
Job Type: Full-time
- The Case Management Intern is ideally a generalist (with experience or familiarity with health, particularly RMNCAH programs) who will work in close collaboration with the Case Management Team as well as the State Technical Officer (TO) and project partners on all aspects of project management and implementation of the Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) activities at the state and LGA level.
- S/he will assist with operational processes in project-related procurements and documentation related to project activities.
- Additionally, s/he will assist the TO in assuring that all technical activities under the project are implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- S/he ensures timely and effective implementation of SMC activities in the state as well as assists the State team in providing oversight to LGA level routine activities e.g. Monthly and quarterly supervisory visits, LGA data validation meetings, data entry, supply chain data collection, training, and so on.
- S/he will assist the State TO in ensuring that the project functions efficiently, providing support to all project activities.
Project management, partner and donor relations:
- Support the Technical Officer in direct implementation of all case management activities in line with grant targets and deliverables by ensuring adherence to national strategies and guidelines for malaria prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Participate in accessing activity progress to ensure that the partners and local contractors maintain close adherence to work plans, meet designated milestones, deliverables, benchmarks, and provide technical assistance when needed.
- Support in knowledge management activities, including documentation of success stories, lessons learned, and activity reports.
- Assist in monitoring program implementation and use of resources.
- Responsible for filing of all activity reports in both soft and hard copies
- Assist in the project’s quality assurance processes
Project Technical Support:
- Work in close collaboration with the Technical Officer to support the State MoH to implement all aspects of the seasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC) intervention. A mass drug campaign for children under-5years
- Support oversight of routine activities such as monthly and quarterly iMSV, data validation, LMIS data collection, and collation
- Support data entry routinely at the state level
- Keep inventory of project equipment at the state level
- Ability to travel domestically as required to support program activities.
- Support the training for SMC, personnel selection according to set criteria, coordinate monthly mass drug distribution in selected LGAs for SMC implementation
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
- MBBS (preferred) or Graduate Degree in Pharmacy, Nursing, Public Health, Health Economics, or a health-related field required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are essential.
- Training development and facilitation skills.
- Programme Management skills.
- One year or less of experience in public health and health systems strengthening required;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, stakeholders, and donors.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply