AB InBev is the world’s leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Representative – High End
Reference ID: 30009456
Location: Isolo Depot, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Opportunity exists for a Business Development Representative – High End in our Sales team. The Business Development Representative – High End position is responsible for supporting the team to drive sales volumes.
- The job holder will generate orders, maintain standards, identify, and ensure growth within a channel/ customer in order to drive sales volumes, brand loyalty, in-outlet execution and customer service excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the job holder will be responsible for the following:
- Drive to exceed quotas within assigned territory while supporting overall strategic growth objectives and budgets
- Prepare action plans and schedule to identify specific targets and to project number of contacts to be made within a defined region and against agreed orders targets; follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity. 3. Identify sales prospects and contacts these and other accounts as assigned.
- Develop new and incremental contract business
- Persuade customers to stock products
- Co-ordinate shipping schedules and delivery of products
- Ensure products/ brands are available widely in assigned sales area
- Develop and supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programmes.
- Prepare for and attend exhibitions, regional, and national promotional opportunities.
- Develop and update knowledge of Company’s and competitors’ products and speak with other sales and marketing personnel to work out the best methods of promoting products
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals; reports on special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity
- Maintain sales records and up to date activity on progress to provide accurate forecasting reports
- Oversee the execution, activations and manage relationships in Spiritual Homes in sales areas
- Execute Top Influential POCs with QD Materials available for the area in line with execution standards
- Drive draught operations in POCs where we have installed draught taps
- Build and maintain very good relationships between POCs in the sales area and International Breweries.
- Align overall territory plans to national plans.
- Ensure that territories are resourced appropriately
- Utilize competitive information and marketplace data where appropriate to close orders.
- Establish rapport and maintains contact with contract clients and potential clients.
- Note customers’ reactions to new products and relay information back to Head of Department
- Ensure loyalty of existing customers
- Discuss prices, after-sales customer service, guarantee and delivery schedules with customers
- Position products with the customer, discuss customer benefits, confirm pricing, handle objections and close orders
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
The occupant of this position should possess:
- HND / University Degree in Sales, Marketing, Administration or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in similar field
- Good product knowledge.
- Possession of a drivers license with a clean record.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to gather data, compile information, analyse, interpret sales activities and prepare reports.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Persuasive, persistent, methodical; able to present winning sales arguments to customers, defend pricing and handle objections
- Time management and excellent negotiation skills
- Working hours can be long and irregular and may include evening work.
- May spend a lot of time traveling from one location to another.
- Ability to utilize advertising and/ or sales promotion techniques.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement a range of sales promotion programmes and/or events.
- Knowledge of sales documentation methods and procedures
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to identify and/or follow up sales leads and referrals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th April, 2022.