Machine and Equipment Corporation Africa Limited (MECA) is an Engineering, Operations and Technical Asset Management Corporation. MECA’s operations and activity in Africa is aimed at significantly increasing the number of farmers, entrepreneurial mindsets, technology transfer and enhancing technical skills in the region; development of workable regional strategies based on cultural; social and human capital preservation and bridging gaps between strategic partners and stakeholders at regional, national and international levels.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Business Development Officer will be responsible forcontributing to the improvement and growth of MECA and its subsidiariesthrough capacity building and innovation, and managing relationships.
- The business development Officer will also work to improve profitability through contributing to careful strategic planning, positioning in the appropriate markets and enhancing the operation and reputation of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and research potential clients
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Coordinate with sales teams to develop mutually beneficial proposals
- Contribute to the design and development of business strategies, identify risk scenarios, develop improvement plans to provide appropriate growth to business, as well as negotiate with stakeholders
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data
- Make and give presentations to prospective clients and internal executives.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate with stakeholders
- Monitor project teams to ensure contracts are executed as agreed
- Conceptualize and develop business proposals, reports, analyses, reviews and other documents for projects spanning inception to implementation to completion
- First Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Economics or a related field
- An Advanced Degree / M.Sc is an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Experience of working in/ with local/ regional/national public organization
- Significant work experience related to business development and capacity-building actions with concrete involvement in the design/ delivery of capacity-building activities.
Key Knowlege and Competence:
- High-level communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
- Conflict resolution Problem-solving skills to propose mutually beneficial solutions
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- All CV’s must be saved with the full name of the candidate(s). Non-compliance CVs will not be treated.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th May, 2021.