Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Ukraine Refugee Crisis Response
Location: Globally flexible, UK
Type of Role: Fixed Term
Duration: 3 months
Reports to: Ukraine Response Operations Manager
- The conflict in Ukraine is resulting in a major humanitarian crisis with over 3 million people having fled to neighboring countries, and millions displaced within Ukraine.
- This position will play a key role in the support to country level activities and will provide technical support and guidance to Plan International teams and partners in Poland, Romania, and Moldova.
- The position will initially be remote but may well be based in one of the 3 countries in the future.
- The Ukraine Hub is a service-oriented structure to support initiation of activities, and to help find solutions to problems as and when arise.
- Creative thinking and identifying work arounds to problems faced will be a critical element of the role.
- Plan International is responding to the crisis and working in partnership with civil society organisations in Poland, Romania, and Moldova to meet the key needs of those affected by the crisis as well as host communities.
Dimensions of the Role:
- Maintaining a strong donor portfolio
- Proactively works with National Organisation (NO) counterparts to identify and win appropriate grant opportunities.
- Oversees and coordinates the development, writing and packaging of successful grant proposals from concept through to award.
- Developing and maintaining links with institutional donors, UN agencies ensuring Plan International is recognised as a go to agency for gender equity programming in humanitarian crises.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive experience in humanitarian fundraising, quality proposal development and networking.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and leading strategic planning processes
- Knowledge of key humanitarian programme areas including, Child protection in emergencies, education in emergencies, cash and voucher assistance, partnerships.
- Communication skills.
- High level advocacy skills.
- Facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced negotiating skills.
- Knowledge and Experience in project management cycle.
- Ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Click here for more information
- Location: Flexible where Plan International has a legal entity and you have the pre-existing right to work. Some travel to Poland, Moldova and/or Romania will be required
Application Deadline 13th April, 2022.