Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Executive
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time · Associate
About the Job
- As Business Development Executive, you will be part of the team that is passionate about increasing energy availability, growing customer base, and building a global brand.
- We are seeking a business development executive to provide exemplary business support in the identification, development and management of new business as well as the optimization of existing business.
- Our ideal candidate should be trusted to immediately apply initiative, skill and innovativeness towards supporting and promoting new and existing business opportunities and relationships (internal and external), providing effective feedback to stakeholders, and sustaining our company’s leading position in the power industry.
What you’ll do:
- Support the team to generate new leads, identify and screen potential business opportunities, engage stakeholders, and build partnerships.
- Support deal structuring, business value analysis, bids and proposals including detailed Request for Proposals (RFP) requirements
- Effectively track activities and performance of projects/initiatives and report metrics to guide decision making and follow up.
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and drivers
- Develop proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships.
- Collate departmental and Operating Companies (Power Distribution and Power Generation) updates for bi-monthly reports to provide feedback to management
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through learning sessions, networking, events, and presentations
- Support the negotiation of gas supply, gas transportation, Power Sale and Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) agreements on behalf of the generation companies. This includes MOUs, Joint Venture Agreements or any other type of negotiations that may be required
- Recommend growth strategies, optimization plans and cost/loss reduction initiatives for the operating companies in power distribution and generation.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of strategic planning and management goals and objectives.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with this position, as designated by the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or equivalent. An MBA or Masters will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in similar/relevant roles in the power sector or related
- Experience in the negotiation of gas sales contracts with specific knowledge of the commercials, regulatory framework and policy
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organisational and time management skills
- Capacity to work in a fast paced, team-oriented office environment and under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity, as well as the ability to build trust amongst other team members.
- Knowledge of power sector, including the legal and policy frameworks governing renewable energy projects in Nigeria will be an advantage.
- Experience with the development and implementation of business development strategy
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively and handle conflict resolution
- Commercially skilled in engaging customers, internal and external stakeholders; building strong and trusted networks.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff and stakeholders
Your Personal Attributes:
- Intrinsically motivated;
- Results – oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills;
- Emotionally intelligent and team player with an international outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Conscientious in approach to work
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with external parties
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong financial planning, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills;
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply