Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Banking Operations Lead
Employment Type: Full Time
Specialization: Banking / Finance / Insurance, Technology
We are hiring talented, creative problem-solvers who want to build a career out of making BIG things happen. Join us if you’re:
- A creative thinker who is articulate, empathetic, and passionate about customer experience. Detail-oriented and can think of ways to build customer confidence and loyalty We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams.
- We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we’re happy for people to build new skills, specialise or move between teams.
What will you be doing as a Banking Operations Lead?
- You will be responsible for the prompt resolution of customers dispute complaints through the utilization of available tools to enhance customer confidence and continued loyalty with Gomoney and oversee the effective reconciliation of all transactions and settlements.
How Will You Create Impact?
- As a banking operations lead at Gomoney, you will build a banking operations framework by implementing a customised version of E-banking operations that exists within traditional banks today.
- You will be responsible for building, managing and leading the back-office payments operations team, so they can achieve professional and personal goals.
- Ideal candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of banking operations, particularly back office operations, payment systems operation, etc. Passionate about customer experiences and they must be an excellent communicator in both written and spoken English.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Manage risk assessment of customer transactions
- Periodically conduct a benchmarking of key performance metrics for backoffice operations to articulate improvement areas and drive efficiency within the division
- Process payments and transaction reversals.
- Liaise with external stakeholders to ensure prompt transaction reconciliation, settlement and dispute resolution
- Prompt investigation and resolution of disputes and process failures
- Collaborate actively with customer operations to ensure fast and seamless turnaround on customer disputes
- Collaborate across multiple departments to review bank-wide policies and decisions that have a direct impact on back-office operations.
This might be for you if you:
- Have strategic thinking skills
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have advanced knowledge of excel and data analytics.
- Have the ability to manage and drive change
- Have the ability to effectively manage stakeholders
Nice to have
- Led and scaled successful teams to achieve their goals and have an empathetic leadership style
- Experience in payments or transaction operations
- Knowledge of python or willingness to learn
- Proven ability to track, measure, and optimize multi-disciplined operations team
- Significant senior management experience, ideally in a customer-centric role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th June, 2021.