The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automotive Services Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Provide technical and administrative leadership to the Automotive unit of IITA-FMS.
- Possess in-depth technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical concepts used in modern passenger and light utility vehicles, e.g. Toyota, Ford, Mitsubishi and others totaling about 300 vehicles.
- Periodically review and update inventory stock of essential spare parts needed.
- Prepare and review service history of all IITA vehicles and make sure the preventive maintenance schedules is followed on all vehicles.
- Prepare and update the Master List and particulars of all IITA vehicles used in Nigeria.
- Exercise proper budget control in the operation of automotive unit to make sure expenditure and income are balanced.
- Review and advise renewal of driving licenses held by official drivers and private users at the Headquarters.
- Ensure the workshop is equipped with proper maintenance tools and upgrade where necessary.
- Review existing workshop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and update as necessary.
- Certify road worthiness checklist of all vehicles before they leave workshop after repair.
- Oversee workshop staff/supervisors’ activities to make sure correct repair procedures are followed.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Mechanical Engineering or related field with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
- Possession of relevant higher qualifications will be an added advantage. Also, membership of Council of registered engineering (COREN) is required.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent managerial and supervisory skills to handle the entire auto service Staff.
- Have good time management and communication skills.
- Be familiar with source of genuine parts and be able to identify them.
- Be familiar with correct diagnostics repair procedure for different model / makes of vehicles.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Click here for more information
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor and professional colleague.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 12th April, 2022.