County Finance Limited is a financial company that principally engages in the provision of financial products and services to the public. County Finance Limited is authorized and licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to conduct financial service activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit and Compliance Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Role / Responsibilities
- Ensures a company or organization complies with internal regulations and established control protocol.
- Examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information.
- Reconciles documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain the accuracy
- To deal with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensure that reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis.
- To ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reports to the Managing Director on all Control and Compliance issues as they arise for prompt actions to be effected.
- Prepares and communicates periodic financial and audit reports to the board of directors.
- Completes standard paperwork and questionnaires to confirm internal controls
- Participates in meetings with individuals and departments to update auditees on findings and the audit process.
- Prepares reports and preserves documentation pertaining to audits for internal records.
- Presents summarized findings concerning audit results and trends for internal groups
- Makes recommendations for the best ways for a company to avoid fraud and reduce waste.
- Keeps up-to-date on audit procedures and regulations by attending conferences, workshops, and continuing education programs.
- Any other assignment as assigned by the management
- Develop and implement a compliance program to ensure the organization operates in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed.
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Determine compliance metrics and establish a system for tracking them.
- Mastermind compliance policies and protocols on behalf of the organization.
- Proactively auditing processes, practices, and documents.
- Perform compliance audits to determine whether establish protocols are being followed and where they can be improved.
- Resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree, HND, Master Degree qualification with 2 – 5 years work experience.
Deadline: 31st May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] with “Audit and Compliance Officer” as the subject of mail
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.