The Thomas Adewumi University, Oko, Kwara State, Nigeria, founded by De Crown Nigeria Limited, a private University licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2021 is a non-governmental, non-partisan and non-sectarian institution. It is situated at Oko Irese, about 6 Km from Omu Aran, the Headquarters of Irepodun Local Government Area, Kwara State, Nigeria.
The University is established to be a Center of academic excellence committed to the achievement of accelerated development through research and manpower development. It seeks to relate its activities to the cultural, technological, social and economic needs of the people of Nigeria.
As part of its man-power development programme, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy below and work under excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment:
Job Title: Associate Professor (TAUASS 06)
Academic positions are available in Faculties of Basic Medical Sciences, Computing and Applied Sciences, and Management and Social Sciences under the following departments:
- Accounting, Biochemistry, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computer Science, Criminology and Security Studies, Economics, Mass Communication, Medical Laboratory Science, Microbiology, Nursing Science, Physics with Electronics, Physiotherapy and Software Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience
- The minimum qualifications and experiences specified by the National Universities Commission for all academic positions apply. ICT Skills are required for this position at the University. Those without these minimum requirements need not apply.
- A Ph. D. Degree in relevant field with a minimum of nine (9) years’
- experience in full-time teaching and research and at least 20 significant peer reviewed scholarly publications in reputable National and International outlets out of which at least 30% must have impact factor with membership of relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment, which is to commence as soon as possible, is for a probationary period of two years in the first instance and may be confirmed to retiring age.
- Salary is very attractive and competitive. Other conditions are as contained in the approved Conditions of Service by the Governing Council of Thomas Adewumi University, Oko, Kwara State.
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send Twenty (20) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and other supporting materials indicating the post for which application is made at the top left corner of the envelope. The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the following sequence:
- Names in Full (Surname first and in capitals)
- Post applying for
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Present Postal / Contact Addresses (With Phone Number(s) and E-mail Address)
- Nationality at Birth
- State / Local Government Area/Ward
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of Children
- Name, Relationship and Address of Next of Kin
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates (including Awards, Distinctions and Scholarships with dates)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Important and Relevant Academic Conferences
- Workshops / Courses attended, with dates
- Teaching, Research, Administrative and Community Service Experience (If Applicable)
- Other Activities Outside Current Employment
- Current Research, Awards and Grants (If Applicable)
- Details of Publications indicating Authorship, Year, Title of Publication, Details of Outlet including Publishers (If Applicable)
- Present Employment, Position and Salary
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees including phone number(s) and email address(es)
- Proposed Date of Availability for Duties, if appointed
All Applications should be sent and addressed to:
Thomas Adewumi University,
Oko, Kwara State,
PMB 1050, Omu Aran,
Kwara State, Nigeria.
- Candidates should request their referees to forward reference letters on their behalf directly to the address above.
- Candidates must be accompanied by a bound copy of listed publications.
- Candidates must also include their Vision Statement in relation to their role in the University, especially in line with the entrepreneurial, skill acquisition and critical thinking student programmes of the University, in not more than two pages (A4).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share this job with friends!!!