Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Product Marketing Manager, Consumer Apps (French)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey.
- From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the representation of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more.
- In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
- The Consumer Marketing team oversees many of Google’s largest and most strategic products including Search, Google Assistant, Maps, Photos, and YouTube. Our team is deeply integrated in product development, positioning, narrative, and go-to-market strategy.
- Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental.
- And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Whether we are incubating a new product or scaling a mature product, our team operates with a growth mindset and our work is rooted in user insights. We believe in innovative product marketing as much as we believe in cross-team collaboration and transparency.
- As an Associate Product Marketing Manager, you will work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events, and communication.
- Develop marketing plans for Consumer Apps in Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA) and execute campaigns to drive usage of App adoption and usage.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the user. Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Develop messaging, collateral, events, and business strategies aimed at acquiring users and increasing our engagement with them and measuring the efficacy of such programs.
- Define and execute go-to-market strategies and organizational coordination for new feature/product launches, including positioning, naming, external communications, competitive analysis, and feature prioritization.
- Use quantitative methods, models, and research to help Google better understand consumer behavior to provide important feedback back into the product and strategic development cycle. Determine return on investment for projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in tech marketing, brand management, strategy consulting, agency, or related.
- Ability to speak and write in English and French fluently.
- Demonstrated analytical experience. Demonstrated ability to develop and understand strategy.
- Deep understanding of Google’s products and technology industry.
- Passion for technology, ability to think creatively, and leadership skills to execute effectively.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated innovation and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Global mindset and ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures and scenarios.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply