AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, AZA Finance is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our API product provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while our Web-Based platform is our B2B over-the-counter product that caters to businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala and Dakar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Treasury Operations
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- In this role, you will be responsible for executing & monitoring all treasury operations and customer transactions in our bank accounts and other partners platform.
- You will work closely with treasury team to ensure all transactions are well settled and proper record keeping.
- As Assistant Manager, you will foster training/coaching team mates on various technical issues around payments to promote efficiency within the unit. You will also be the champion of treasury operations reconciliations and custodian of policies and procedures.
- You’ll work closely with various stakeholders within the company including Traders, Channel management, Account management and Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of experience in Treasury operations.
- Fluent in English. French and Spanish will be added advantage
- Solid MS Excel skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Basic understanding of accounting principals
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast environment
- Approve customer payments in various portals (BP website, bank platforms, payment processors).
- Work with the traders and account management team to process closed deals.
- Monitor MTO transactions and ensure proper reconciliations and feedback for queries raised.
- Provide support to customer support by ensuring quick feedback on queries raised.
- Follow up on customer inquiries regarding payment issues.
- Ensure timely reconciliations of all the accounts across all our bank partnerships and support accounting team with any reconciliation research/work closely with the accounting department to resolve reconciliation issues.
- Manage reports preparations as per regulatory requests/ Provide transaction documentation to our bank partners.
- Ensure payments requests and treasury processes are executed according to policies & procedures.
- Identify treasury operations risks and propose and implement controls.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Competitive salary.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling startups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees.