The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world’s largest humanitarian network and is guided by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, universality and unity.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant, Human Resources (Maternity Cover)
Job Number: S01425
Contract Type: Employee
Duration: 6 months
Grade: Not applicable
- To provide timely, effective and pro-active administrative and operational support to the HR department.
- To provide on-going data entry and data consolidation in the HR Department
- To support the IFRC team of the Abuja Country Cluster Delegation with all administrative tasks related to both national and international staff
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Support to HR department:
- Draft and edit routine correspondence and other documents issued by the HR department to ensure maximum clarity, conciseness, and quality.
- Assist in the circulation of HR department communications.
- Responsible for introducing all new team members to the IFRC Abuja cluster team and ensuring all required documentation have been filled.
- Process schedules for Pension Fund Administration (PFA) Group Life Insurance (GLP) and National Housing Fund (NHF)
- Ensure briefings with all heads of departments are scheduled and done timely.
- Maintain an up-to-date Medical Database for all IFRC national staff.
- Monthly payments for Interns, daily workers and consultants
- Creating and maintaining a calendar of records of key dates with regard to periods of probation, renewals or extension of contract and performance appraisals prior to confirmation to ensure that these are attended to in time.
- Organize logistical and administrative support for external or internal meetings / workshops, such as HR Seminar, and HR internal meetings, briefings.
- Register information on cases related to the Code of Conduct, according to information received.
- Assist the process of knowledge building, knowledge sharing and performance.
- Maintain the HR archives and HR records of the west coast Delegation Office including documentation.
- Liaise with the employees and managers to ensure all required information is received in a timely manner.
- Support in the implementation and application of the HR policy in the West Coast Delegation office and provide advice and support to employees and managers.
- Provide suggestions on how to improve HR functioning in the region.
Recruitment, Selection, Placement and Exit:
- Organize briefing and debriefing programs for new and departing staff.
- Assist in recruitment process – CV download, longlisting, reference and due diligence checks
- Keeping records of internship program.
- Support HR colleagues in shortlisting received applications as directed.
- Schedule interviews, tests and support with logistics on day of the interviews
- Check references by email and by phone, ensuring that they meet the stipulated requirements.
- Assist the HR colleagues in the collection and filing of documents to create complete recruitment files for all positions in the regional office.
- Collect and submit the necessary documents for insurance enrolment and updating and ensure that staff have up-to-date insurance cards.
Data Entry and HR Systems:
- Ensure timely and accurate handling of recurring data entry and consolidation tasks in SAP and other HR systems.
- Support the production of regular reports from the various systems in use in HR (Performance review, Learning Platform, SAP, e-recruitment tool, etc.)
- Preparation and maintenance of staff files and other HR related documents
- Administering and tracking leave records maintenance and monthly verification
- Prepare all new staff files and maintain the existing staff’s files.
- Maintain a database of all staff information, documents, expiration dates, etc. and follow up with the appropriate people to get any missing documents or information.
- Under the supervision of the Senior HR Officer, receive, track and file all time sheets correctly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other similar discipline.
- 1 – 2 years HR or administrative experience.
- Registered with a professional HR Body (IHRM).
- Experience and understanding of Federation systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Language:
- Excellent organisational skills and a good understanding of the need for effective administrative systems
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent customer service mentality
- Good communication skills
- Ability to act efficiently and prioritize activities in a very complex environment.
- Good knowledge of HR Systems (SAP preferred)
- Good understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Discrete and respect confidentiality
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Competencies and Values
- Respect for diversity
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Judgement and decision making
- National society and customer relations
- Creativity and innovation; Building trust.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th April, 2022.