Elalan Construction Company Nigeria Limited – Our long-term success as one of the fastest-growing and most dynamic constructions and civil engineering companies in Nigeria begins with our employees. For over 39 years, El-ALAN has delivered high-quality integrated construction solutions, and we have expanded our operational and service offering to cater to a wide spectrum of construction needs in both the public and private sectors. Our portfolio of work comprises successful projects in the residential, commercial, factories, and industrial spaces, working with clients across all sectors with differing budgets.
As expected our story will not be complete without the unwavering contributions and commitment of our passionate employees. They are an integral part of how Elalan is fulfilling its purpose of ‘delivering value-added and world-class innovative solutions to our client’s construction needs. Elalan has over 1800 employees across Nigeria, that are made up of a diverse and talented group of professionals and highly skilled artisans who are dedicated and passionate about creating value for our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Architect
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a member of the Elalan architectural team, you will create designs for new construction projects, alterations, and redevelopments.
- You’ll also use your specialist construction knowledge and high-level drawing skills to design buildings that are functional, safe, sustainable, and aesthetically pleasing.
- will stay involved throughout the construction process, adapting the plans according to budget constraints, environmental factors, or client needs.
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning regulations, environmental impact, and project budget
- Specifying the requirements for assigned projects
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
- Playing a part in the project and team management
- Traveling regularly to building sites, proposed locations, and client meetings
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as site engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors, and architectural technologists.
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications, and contracts
- B.Sc / HND in Architecture (Design and Drafting)
- 6 year experience as an architect.
Project Experience Required:
- Displayed good understanding of consultant’s drawings (Structural, MEP, production of detailed drawings for project onsite). Good rapport and relationship management skills with all stakeholders
- Proficient in trending architectural design Software (AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) Mood Board Presentation and Research Must be able to complete site and administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent knowledge of Design Compliance
- Ability to incorporate Civil and MEP requirements in Architectural Designs.
- Good understanding of Urban Planning Bye-laws.
- Good Site Surveys
- Able to prepare Approval Drawings
- Adequate Speed and Efficiency at Work
- Proficiency in incorporating Civil and MEP requirements in Architectural Designs
- Ability to coordinate with internal stakeholders on projects (project managers, Quantity Surveyors, consultants, etc)
- Adequate knowledge of Architectural Standards (NEUFERT)
- Good knowledge of Design Processes
- Have strong visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Be inventive and imaginative
- Be passionate about buildings and the built environment
- Self-motivation and ability to learn new skills
- Be self-confident and able to cope with constructive criticisms of your work
- Care about people and the environment.
- Have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problem-solving
- Have time management and communication skills
- MS Office, AUTOCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Revit, Sketch-up, 3Ds.
N220,000 – N276,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and sample project portfolio to: [email protected] using “Architect” as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 7th September, 2021.