PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Application Support Associate
Job ID: 244544WD
Line of Service: Assurance
Specialism: Intelligent Automation
Management Level: Associate
Job Description & Summary
- A career with our Intelligent Automation practice will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients implement automation strategy and technologies to enable growth, support transformation and enhance employee and customer satisfaction.
- Our clients are operating in a rapidly changing business environment that demands employee adaptability, continuous improvements in productivity and delivery quality, and improvements in customer satisfaction. Intelligent automation provides a mechanism to address all of these demands rapidly and cost effectively.
- We play an integral role in helping our clients define and execute their automation strategy that includes clear value propositions, governance, effective operating models and workforce upskilling along with deployment of impactful intelligent automation technologies.
- Our team focuses on the design and implementation of the Intelligent Automation technologies that are used for client solutions. As part of the team you will focus on the technical design, build, testing and documentation of intelligent automations using technologies including: intelligent process discovery, robotic process automation, BPM, Decision Engines, integration platforms, cloud services, data analytics, intelligent data capture, and artificial intelligence.
- You will interact with the process architecture teams to collaborate on designing and building solutions, along with contributing to reusable artifacts and engage in identifying useful new technologies and practices.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- We are seeking a knowledgeable Application Support Associate to monitor and maintain the efficiency of our software applications. In this role, your duties will be to provide technology support to our clients on solutions we have deployed for them.
- To ensure success as an application support engineer, you should possess extensive experience in providing application support in a fast-paced environment. Top-Notch application support engineers distinguish themselves by being proactive in providing application support.
- Providing software application support under the supervision of the Senior Engineer.
- Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements based on client feedback.
- Documenting processes and monitoring application performance metrics.
- Providing front-end support to clients and colleagues in other departments.
- Logging the queries of clients and internal technical team members.
- Analysis of call logs in order to discover any underlying issues or trends.
- Plan and implement upgrades needed to maintain service levels.
- Consulting with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Establishing the root causes of application errors and escalating serious concerns to the Senior Engineer.
- Keeping a record of configuration changes and scheduling application updates.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of network topology across WAN, LAN
- Good understanding of data transfer format (JSON, XML)
- Minimum of 2 years cognate experience in managing system infrastructures (e.g. Linux and Windows servers).
- Demonstrable experience as an application support engineer in a related field.
- Knowledge of database management in Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st August, 2021.