Rossland Screening Solutions – Our client, Kiara Rice Mills Limited, was established in 2019 with the capacity to process 120,000MT of paddy rice per year and produce 72,000MT of stone-free parboiled rice per year, making it Nigeria’s fourth-largest stand-alone operational mill. Because of the milling plant installed capacity, the need to avoid downtime in the processing capacity and the inaccessibility to paddy rice in the Nigerian market – demand outweighs supply, informed the design of the Kiara Rice Mills Out-grower project.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Facilitator
VN No: KR06012022
Location: Jabba, Niger
Employment Type: Contract
- Facilitator responsibilities include designing team and individual courses, maintaining records of curriculum and materials and gathering feedback on the quality of training from trainees on the Kiara Rice Project.
- To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with various educational techniques for different roles and skillsets.
- Develop a manual of not more than six (6) pages on any of the following topics. The manual is to be developed using the following format: Expected learning outcomes, topics to be covered, evaluation.
- Develop a Powerpoint presentation of not more than ten (10) slides based on the manual earlier developed.
- Work with the graphics editor to develop a 2-page illustration that is to be shared to farmers.
- Train farmers on the chosen topics.
- Each facilitator is to choose one topic
The topics are as follows:
Topics of focus:
- Good Agronomic Practices for pre-planting, planting and post-harvest paddy rice production
- Business skills development
- Risks and Risk management
- Equipment, machinery and infrastructure maintenance.
- Environmental and health safeguards in processing.
- Processing and measures to minimize safety and health risks.
- Environmentally sound use of fertilizers and incorporation of Measures from the USAID Fertilizer Fact Sheet.
- Best farm water management practices.
- Climate SMART rice farming.
- Adequate equipment maintenance and waste disposal with emphasis on how Irrigation equipment -Equipment’s will be kept away from waterways and wetlands
- Best practices in on-farm water management and crop residue/biowaste disposal and management.
- Safe pesticide usage – Lambda Cyhalothrin – and application of the agrochemical being stored correctly.
- Conflict and Conflict Resolution
- Group management and dynamics
- Environmental sound management.
- Pre-season training and training of Extension Agents
- Maintenance and management of trash and recyclables, prohibitions against hunting and fishing, and sociocultural issues.
- Responsible fuel management and handling.
- Safe use and maintenance of personal protective equipment for improved indoor air quality.
- Safe use and maintenance of personal protective equipment for improved outdoor air quality.
- Sustainable use of fossil fuel.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with 2 – 5 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV in a single document not more than 5 pages to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 5th April, 2022.
Note: Due to the urgency of the vacancy, CV will be reviewed as they come in and positions would be filled immediately.