The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a non-profit networking and service alliance of Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET has operations in over 31 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa or the World Health Organisation Africa Region (WHO – AFRO). Established in 2005, AFENET is dedicated to helping Ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, sustainable programs and capacity to improve public health systems on the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrator
Work Hours: Full-time
Duration of Contract: Nine (9) Months
Terms of Reference
- Perform a variety of administrative and operational duties for the program.
- Responsible for all administrative, budgeting, human resource duties, and planning for the program.
- Perform a variety of routine clerical support functions including word processing, data entry, and other related duties as assigned.
- Assist with cooperative Agreement (COAG) management and monitoring. Provide logistical support for the residents and other staff/stakeholders.
- Prepare and follow up on payment requisitions in regard to various activities within the program/project.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed calendar of the various events, due dates, and schedules related to the assignment with the programs to ensure these activities occur as scheduled.
- In charge of receiving and distributing incoming and outgoing correspondences about the program/project.
- Establish and maintain a variety of records and filing systems pertaining to areas of responsibility.
- Maintain field reports from residents, and staff/stakeholders assigned to field activities.
- In consultation with the immediate supervisor make travel arrangements for various personnel under the program/project.
- Maintain and document administrative records of programs/project activities. prepare and submit periodic project activity reports and updates which include but are not limited to trip reports and weekly /quarterly updates.
- In liaison with the various program/project stakeholders assist in drawing program activity plans and observe their executions as scheduled
- As assigned, prepare orders for the purchase of materials, supplies, and equipment open approval: maintain records of transactions of the same. Attend meetings: take, transcribe, and distribute minutes concerning the respective program as directed.
- Handle any other assignment that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Social Sciences or other related courses
- Exceptional customer service skills with effective and excellent communication in verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with MS Office packages and outlook and must be comfortable working with spreadsheets.
- At least 5 years of proven post-graduate work experience in Administration in a corporate environment or any reputable organization preferably an NGO.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th August, 2022.
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter. AFENET is an equal opportunity employer.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted