The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Recruitment Type: National (1–year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Support day–to–day administrative duties.
- Provide logistical support for all trainings, seminars and workshops.
- Keep inventory of office equipment, supplies and update asset register as required.
- Prepare requests for internal purchases and Purchase Orders of office stationery, machineries,assist in following up and handling of purchases/oracle requests.
- Maintain an effective filing system and safe keeping of confidential documents.
- Arrange appointments and meetings.
- Arrange travels and book hotel accommodation for Activity staff and consultants.
- Retrieve information, data and documents as required.
- Prepare administrative and financial reports.
- Assist in basic financial record posting and verification on the budget.
- Coordinate and implement office procedures for smooth–running and effective office function.
- Perform any other job–related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- BSc / HND in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field with minimum of four (4) years experience in a well–structured environment or donor funded organization
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent computer skills with good grasp and knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS Office applications.
- Have theability to co–ordinate, prioritize and organize workloads; take initiatives and work under pressure.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and with tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in English language with excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Have ability to maintain high integrity and confidentiality ofsensitive information.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team–oriented multicultural environment.
- Have ability to plan, co–ordinate, and monitor own work plans, and deliver accurate and timely reports.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
Click here to apply
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 8th June 2021.