KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria, is a non-profit public health organization firmly equipped with technical and administrative capacity in providing technical TB and TB/HIV support services, strengthening TB service delivery, support health system strengthening and research in Nigeria. Our programs are designed to advance the WHO Global End TB strategy of creating a world free of TB. We employ a systems approach, using data-driven quality improvement methods to identify and address gaps in TB diagnostic and treatment services. Our work to end TB focuses on collaborative planning, design, and implementation, engaging the private sector, strengthening service delivery platforms, community structures and improving the quality of services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Vacancy Number: KN057
The USAID Funded COVID-19 Vaccination Acceleration Project (1 Year)
- This project seeks to promote COVID-19 vaccine access, acceptability, and uptake, while strengthening adverse drug reaction feedback and timely response, by leveraging on the ongoing USAID-supported TB LON 1 & 2 project structures.
- This project has the primary objective of accelerating widespread and equitable access to and delivery of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccination to unvaccinated individuals at community and facility level in the seven selected USAID TB LON supported states (Anambra, Bauchi, Taraba, Cross River, Kano, Imo & Kaduna) in Nigeria, by supporting the NPHCDA’s SCALES Strategy.
Position in the Organization
- The Admin Officer is responsible for the smooth operation of overall administrative activities.
- S/he is responsible for the logistics of staff including travel arrangements, organizes meetings internally and externally, ensures that the office supplies are in place. Ensures updated inventory management system for all project Ensure a proper functioning logistics support system including flight management.
- Hierarchically, the Administrative Officer reports to the Central Project Coordinator.
- Provides administrative and logistical support in organizing workshops, events, trainings etc, including preparing the necessary documentation.
- Arranges flight for all domestic air travels as per request(s)
- Facilitates visa processing for visiting international consultants (writing invitation letters, obtaining travel approval at Immigration services etc).
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of physical assets and office, including vehicles, equipment, furniture, and office building. Arrange for repairs as necessary.
- Serves as security liaison and manages information for the security of staff office, and physical assets belonging to the organisation and ensuring KNCV fulfils security related regulations.
- Undertake supply and service provider pre-qualification, conduct market research, identify and recommend legitimate local suppliers or contractors through systematic evaluation and maintaining a database of potential and active suppliers/contractors.
- Arranges hotels and arranges transport for all visitors.
- Responsible for arranging hotels and accommodation for workshop/meeting/training based on selection of vendors made by committee/management.
- Coordinates transport arrangement for the overall program activities as per the request in a timely manner and ensures the information is accurately in the logbook and up to date.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
Knowledge / Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years progressive experience in administration.
- Knowledge or Microsoft Office packages.
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
- Sound knowledge of society, customs, culture, politics and geography in Nigeria
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written English.
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skill, organizational management skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritize work, handle pressure and
- Ability to monitor and maintain management information systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages
What Do We Offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) short-term contract with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance.
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues.
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, including a Motivation Letter and 3 professional References which must be indicated on your CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- For more information, please contact us via +234 (0)9030349255.
- Please note that we only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email.
Application Deadline 21st April, 2022.