ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Responsible To: Director, Organisational Effectiveness
Line Management: Administrative Assistant (Volunteer) & Cleaners
- The Administrative Officer who reports to the Director, Organizational Effectiveness will be responsible for providing front office, stores, administrative and secretarial support to the organisation.
- S/he will be responsible for receiving visitors, giving sound response to inquiries, managing mails, answering and screening telephone calls.
- S/he is to ensure the implementation of AAN policies and procedures in collaboration with the other members of the HROE team and the entire organisation.
- S/he will also manage physical and electronic reference documents for AAN by maintaining documentation, filing systems and contact data base.
- Maintain a welcome and professional environment and handle/direct all visitors and enquiries appropriately.
- Ensure the report and attendance of General Staff meeting are collated and properly documented.
- Work with colleagues to establish & maintain relationship with suitable hotels across the country and manage all organizational hotel reservations.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and interpretation of the Administrative policy
- Ensure a hygienic and clean office environment
- Supervise the office security guards and cleaners
- Ensure welcome pack and other documents relating to travels and logistics are updated and shared
- Provide support on recruitment processes within HROE unit.
- Provide logistics for staff retreats and programme meetings; and ensure adequate communications for the events
- Manage AAN store ensuring adequacy of materials required for day to day running of the office/programmes and proper documentation of all expenses involved.
- Support organisational procurement processes
- Manage and maintain a First Aid box in accordance with AAN’s Health and Safety policy.
- All other responsibilities assigned by Line Manager.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Entire AAN staff
- External: Service providers, Partners and other stakeholders.
- First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities.
- Membership of relevant professional institute.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in Front Desk management and Office administration or a related function.
- Experience in store management.
- Experience supporting procurement.
- IT literate with excellent knowledge of Excel & word (MS Office in general).
- Experience in working with international development of NGO agencies.
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Negotiation skills
- Experience of designing and co-ordinating training/meetings
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Good motivator of others
- Self-motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Team player.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location eg: “Administrative Officer – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Click here to complete the Application Form (MS Word)
Click here for more information
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our
- Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching
- SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns
Application Deadline 4th April, 2022.