The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Driver
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 24 Months
Classification: Grade 1
Travel Required: 30%
- The Driver will support to provide driving services for GAIN Country office, they shall oversee the vehicle to facilitate movement of staff and maintain vehicle in line with GAIN Nigeria Vehicle Use Policy and according to other GAIN policies and procedures for effective project implementation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle papers first aid kits, vehicle spare parts, etc. in line with Nigerian road and traffic laws.
- Ensure that the office directory, relevant maps, emergency contact information and other required documents are maintained in the assigned vehicle and kept up to date.
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel.
- Ensure cost-saving by taking adequate care of the vehicle assets and driving responsibly.
- Provide inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans.
- Carry out day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle including washing/cleaning and valeting.
- Ensure that the GAIN official vehicles are always in good working condition and project the image of a responsible organization.
- Make minor repairs and decide for major repairs.
- Change oil, check tires, lights horn, clutch and brakes and carry out other regular checks as detailed in the Vehicle Use Policy.
- Deliver and collect mail, support banking transactions, and deliver other documents and items to Offices/Embassies/Commercial Establishments/etc
- Receive and transport official personnel and visitors at the airport.
- Ensure all immediate actions required by local traffic and road safety laws and all legal requirements are taken in case of involvement in accidents
- Ensure vehicle and vehicle management comply with the GAIN Vehicle Use Policy.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, and routine checks.
- Key organisational relationships.
- Supports and be an active member of the Operations team.
- Reports to the Finance & Administration Officer.
- Regularly interfaces with the bank for payment, partners, and stakeholders to disseminate parcels.
- Complete vehicle logs for every journey.
- Advise on the road worthiness of vehicles.
- Always maintain recommended fuel level in vehicles.
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying, and maintaining required records
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
- Carry out any other tasks as required by the Head of Operations.
- Works closely with support staff.
- Minimum of National Diploma level degree from any recognised institution.
- Demonstrated driving work experience in both private and NGO sector.
- Proven knowledge of Abuja routes and States of project Implementation
- Experience of, and skill in basic MS office and computer applications
- Flexible, goal oriented and willingness to travel in challenging environments
- Strong communication skills in multicultural environment.
- Experience of stakeholder, partner, and guest management
- Highly organized and respectful person
What Gain Offers:
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly working environment
- Professional development opportunities
NGN3,967,380 – NGN4,534,140 per annum, depending on experience.
- GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
- We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
- GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th July, 2022.
- Early applications are encouraged. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
- Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in Nigeria. Please note that GAIN is currently unable to sponsor working visas and relocation.
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in