The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial/clerical services to the Director and performs administrative duties relevant to the Director responsibilities, within overall policies or instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, logs, reviews and distributes all incoming mail.
- Provides background information and files concerning correspondence and ensures that urgent/ important items are drawn to the supervisor’s attention.
- Drafts correspondence in one or more languages, upon own initiative or on-the-job instructions received.
- Checks outgoing mail for accuracy, conformity with overall policies or instructions, and use of the correct communication channels.
- Prepares routine letters, memoranda, reports and similar documents following detailed instruction.
Business meetings/ events arrangement:
- Arranges meetings, notifies participants of place, date, time, and subject.
- Takes minutes of the meeting and prepares draft records for the Director approval.
- Makes arrangements for duty travel, prepares travel authorizations, ensures that visas, vaccination certificates, etc., are in order and completes the required forms.
- Liaises, on behalf of the Director, with officers inside and outside the Department/ Unit, to give or obtain information.
- Ensures that the Director has all the relevant files needed for the Ministerial Council, Governing Board Meetings and Sub-Committees, as well as other high-level meetings, when necessary.
- Assists the Director with the coordination of submissions in relation to budget, reports, documents, presentations and work programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Preferably at least three years in an international development institution.
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), intra/internet as well as on-line database management.
- Fluent in English and good German proficiency. French, Arabic, or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This position is subject to Local recruitment. Candidates with valid Residency and authorized permit to work in Vienna are also eligible to apply