COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Gashua, Bade LGA – Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Administrator and Country Administrator, and in collaboration with the Head of Base, Finance Officer, HR Officer and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, He/She will:
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible to execute all the tasks with respect to the finance, administrative and human resources activities of Gashua base.
- Ensure the proper management of project accounting in accordance with the COOPI/she procedures and those of the Donors guidelines.
- Ensure the correct management of the project cash (cashbox and bank) and in particular the monthly reconciliation (physical and with our accounting software Desy) under the supervision of the Project Administrator;
- Pay monthly tax and social taxes under the supervision of the Project Administrator
- Assist the Project Administrator with monthly budget forecasts and planning so that day-to-day needs, salary advances, salaries, etc. can be addressed.
- Do bank runs including transfer requests, withdrawals, and issuing/receiving letters and bank statements etc.
- Collect all the HR documents of new staff hired in Gashua base and guarantee a smooth collection of monthly pay slips and any other HR documents
- Paying employees’ salaries, follow – up on staff and service providers
- Assist the Project Administrator in the administrative management of project national personnel in accordance with the country’s labor code and the COOPI HR manual
- Additional responsibilities
- Regular update of accounting and IT instruments and project accounting (Desy, PREPPY …)
- Process vendor payments and maintain strict control over all required documentation, including adherence to procurement procedures, reporting any discrepancies to the Project Administrator;
- Organize, file and scan all payment vouchers with related supporting documents;
- Prepare, classify and archive all accounting elements required by the Project Administrator.
- Supervise the physical maintenance and safety of cash boxes.
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level.
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at the base level.
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts managed by the administrative coordinator.
- List liquidity needs in concert with the admin coordinator.
- Carry out pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts for the base
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to superior
- Archive accounting records according to COOPI’s procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by the Project Administrator, Finance officer, Country Administrator and HR Officer.
N.B: This ToR shall be inclusive of any other task specifically assigned by the direct supervisor for what concerns the implementation of the program activities.
Skills and Competencies of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Degree / Diploma of Post-graduate Degree in Accountancy, Social Science courses, Business Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- And evidence of NYSC discharge certificate, with previous experience working in developmental and emergency projects especially in NGO / INGO or financialw3 sector.
Desired Competencies / Skills:
- 2-3 years Finance/Admin related work experience with an International NGO
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS excel.
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Demonstrated skills in management, teamwork, negotiation and consensus-building
- Experience in data collection, collation and archiving
- Work related skills : good knowledge of cash management, daily administration tasks, logistics and procurement tasks
- Fluency in English and local languages.
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines – Excellent communication skills.
- Proven commitment to accountability
- Excellent knowledge of English, with fair understanding in Hausa.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- COOPI reserves the right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project.
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- COOPI reserves the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained rolling basis review of applications.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
Carefully observing the details as follows:
- Cover Letter and an updated CV should be a single document (not exceeding 4 pages) in English
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR/Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV’s – only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologies for the inconvenience.
- COOPI considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Female candidate are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 31st January, 2022.