PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Actuary Senior Associate
Job ID: 318480WD
Job Type: Full-time
Line of Service: Assurance
Industry / Sector: FS X-Sector
Management Level: Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
- A career within Actuary Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be working with Insurance (Life / Non-Life) and Pension business clients. The role encompasses reserving, M&A Due Diligence work, capital modelling, pricing, ALM and EEV calculations and reviews. In addition, there will be involvement in Solvency II projects.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level.
- To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities
- As a member of the Actuarial practice within CMAAS, you will help clients navigate through complicated transactions and events, from evaluation through integration, in a multifaceted business environment.
- PwC helps clients negotiate with confidence. Some of the world’s most prestigious companies rely on our buy-and-sell side due diligence capabilities and turn to us for advice on financial reporting, valuation and tax issues.
- We also provide advice and project management for capital raising events such as initial public offerings, secondary listings and private placements.
- For companies in distressed situations, we advise on crisis avoidance, financial and operational restructuring and bankruptcy.
- Clients rely on PwC to help them make informed and empowered decisions to invest, divest, raise capital or reorganize.
- As our clients execute on their chosen strategy, our focus turns to helping them extract value.
- PwC’s Actuary practice advises our clients in moments of exceptional change around deals and accounting change helping them shape strategy and transformation.
- We advise our clients across the deal spectrum to capture value.
- We employs a team based structure to tackle clients’ needs with a solution oriented approach to creatively address complex financial reporting problems.
- We work on high profile transactions with significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisors.
- We have a coaching environment with both formal and informal systems in place as well as continuous on the job training to ensure industry leading personal and professional development.
Our main areas of focus within the Actuarial markets team include:
- Developing and optimizing reinsurance mechanisms
- Predictive modelling and visualization
- Valuation and advice related to pension and employee benefits matters
- Assisting in due diligence with respect to actuarial aspects.
- Assignments in pricing and product development
- Risk and capital modelling / optimization
- Valuation of liabilities under IFRS / BEGAAP / Solvency II
- MCEV calculations and review
- Acting as the actuarial function
Position / Program Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Actuary Science or other business field of study.
- Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th May, 2022.