ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes to eradicate injustice and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Digital Marketing Officer
Reporting to: Sponsorship Communications Advisor
- The job holder will provide technical digital marketing support to deal with data and system management tasks.
- S/he will take responsibility for administration and data management on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database as well as provide technical support and assistance to the Resource Mobilisation & Innovations unit.
Communication and Working Relationships:
- Report regularly to the Fundraising Coordinator, regarding the on-going maintenance of admin systems for the fundraising program – and to raise any specific issues which might occur.
- Maintain good communication with the Finance team to ensure an efficient banking process, including the reconciliation of web-based payments, and accurate income reporting.
- Work closely with the Fundraising team to plan the management of donor/member communications and events to increase retention.
- Manage the monthly reconciliation of regular (Direct Debit) and one-off donations, payments, working closely with the finance team.
- Setting up triggers and workflows for executing email marketing campaigns. Implement a/b testing procedures, segmentation, manage calendarization and development of compelling creative and content that drives results.
- Maintain accurate data entry and data management for the fundraising program using the Fundraising CRM database, including setting up new memberships and donor records
Increase Onsite/Off site visibility for ActionAid:
- Collaborate with the supporter marketing and communication teams to design and deploy digital/Face to Face marketing strategy and engagement based on analysis of user behaviour from posts and feedback mechanisms
- Drive conversion and optimize user funnels from the website and social media.
- Handle community sponsorship electronic and digital Marketing for online and other appropriate platforms.
- Monitor and update all social media with streaming of AAN events
- Monitor and report on database of community sponsorship supporters
- Monitor and Liaise with payment gateway companies (Paystack, Interswitch) on all donations-electronic channels.
- Monitor & Ensure funds donated by sponsors transmitting through 3rd party payment application reconcile with bank records.
- Monitor and reconcile the two databases from web platform donation and Bank recorded donations
- Optimisation of all ActionAid web platforms
- Monitor and ensure the propagation and speed rendering of all web applications
- Support to drive followership on the MILMAP web.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the line manager.
- Manage and optimize Pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns across search sites (e.g. Google) and Social Networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter).
- Drive traffic to ActionAid website using relevant meta tags/keywords to increase visibility on the Search Engine Results Page.
- Build Offsite visibility on Social Networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+) by engaging our target audience with case studies of ActionAid’s interventions
- Work closely with web services team to provide structured site analysis, functionality, evaluate site architecture, implement ongoing keyword generation, create search-friendly content and develop link-building strategies
- Monitor and evaluate social media engagement from Twitter, Facebook and other relevant sites using analytics software, such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite and their campaign dashboards as well as discussions across communities, social networks & blogs
- Work to increase followers and likes on ActionAid Community Sponsorship Facebook page
- Source content for the website/blog and social media engagement,
- Plan, promote and implement email campaigns for special events.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal Relationships: Entire AAN team
- External Relationships: Community Sponsorship Supporters
- First degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or other related field
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- Experience using a range of tools and applications for data reporting and manipulation eg Excel, Access, FastStats, SQL etc.
- Experience in IT support services
- Conversant with setting up audio-visual equipment.
- At least three years post NYSC experience
- Two years’ experience in a similar position in the development sector
- Experience in generating analytical reports from databases.
- SQL programming skills highly desirable
- Experience of providing user support and training.
- Experience of using a CRM database system.
- Ability to multi task
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Highly numerate and accuracy skills
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self-motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to effectively promote AAN’s mission, values, and objectives
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative,
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
Click here to download the Application Form (MS Word)
Click here for more information (PDF)
Job Title: Fundraising Advisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to: Head of Resource Mobilization & Innovation
Line Management: Face to Face Fundraisers, Lagos
Overall Job Purpose
- S/he should be dynamic, people-focused, highly innovative, a team player, a fantastic communicator and have the ability to grasp what’s important to potential donors/supporters and leadership.
- This role requires continuous engagement with people, including individuals, corporates and High value partners.
- The position holder will be responsible for conceptualizing and implementing innovative and creative fundraising actions and initiatives to support the growth of ActionAid Nigeria’s funding base. S/he will be involved in coordinating project management amongst staff and ActionAid governance structure towards the successful implementation of special fundraising outreaches.
- Identify and develop relationships with new potential donors
- Write reports and provide monthly updates to the team regarding fundraising duties and events.
- Develop and implement new fundraising strategies that will establish a donor database to strategically pursue fundraising relationships with interested parties
- Responsible for carrying out independent research to identify fundraising opportunities, monitor progress of the fundraising drives and generate alternative resources for the organization
- Responsible for conceptualising innovative ideas for effective resource mobilisation
- Responsible for monitoring events and programmes for fundraising opportunities and partnership
- Develop fundraising activity plans that promote regular giving, manage fundraising event/activities by coordinating with several key people and third-party organizations to participate in the actual event
- Develop and implement fundraising activities, such as corporate fundraising programs, employer gift matching and annual giving campaigns
- Compile or develop materials to submit for sponsorships to other funding organizations
- Identify/ build relationships with major corporate organizations and potential donors
- Solicit /Secure cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, business or corporate donors at events, meetings and conferences.
- Responsible for coordinating the management of potential supporters for long term program of donation and fundraising opportunities
- Harness networks and contacts to build working relationships with potential funders and supporters
- Manage and supervise fundraising volunteers, and delegates task to Volunteers to make sure that each is able to perform efficiently and productively, ensuring targets are met
- Liaise with the Supporter Services Advisor to update supporters signed on from the innovative fundraising projects
- Ensure effective performance management of all line staff
- Facilitate capacity building for staff on fundraising and supporter/donor management
- Visit communities and participate in relevant AAN activities towards influencing resource mobilization.
- Contribute to the development of reports to the Governance structure
- Coordinate and ensure compliance of all contractual agreements with donors and supporters
- Internal: All AAN staff, Board and General Assembly members
- External: Supporters, Donors, Private sector organizations, Communities
- First degree in relevant studies including Public Relations, Marketing and relevant course in Social Sciences, Arts or in Humanities
- Membership of a Relevant Professional body.
- At least two years working in fundraising role in a social enterprise
- Private sector experience
- At least 5 years working experience
- At least two years in a job role requiring client management and liaison
- Computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Excellent research and analytical skills – ability to spot and take advantage of donation opportunities
- People management abilities – be social, positive and enthusiastic
- Sales and negotiation abilities
- Leadership skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills
- Strong communication & writing skills – excellent English oral and written skills
- Ability to manage stakeholders and fundraising resources
- Proven ability to proactively engage media outlets and/or general public to advance a cause, including engagement with online communities
- Experience managing volunteers to deliver community activities and events
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent relationship building and relationship management skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Ethical, professional and friendly.
- Demonstrate utmost respect
- High level of personal integrity and commitment to ActionAid’s values, mission and objectives; and a working style that reflects these
- Creative and takes initiative
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Experience of or interest in working in the business sector and understanding of the Nigerian business environment
Job Title: Finance Consultant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Responsible to: Finance Manager (Partnership Fund)
Duration: 6 months contract
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of AAN and partner organizations.
- The Finance Consultant will contribute to maintaining adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers.
- Support AAN periodic financial process and obligations
- Posting/input of transactions using SUN/VISION accounting package.
- Ensure proper documentation of all financial documents related to relevant projects.
- Prepare and submit timely financial report to donor agencies and other stakeholders.
- Ensure timely timesheet and other donor documentation requirement are complied with
- Support periodic internal and annual external audit process.
- Implement audit recommendations in relation to the relevant projects.
- Any other tasks assigned by line manager
- Support partners and AA Nigeria in budget/forecast preparation and Implementation in line with donor requirements.
- Ensure timely release of funds to partner organizations
- Follow up to receive quarterly/bi-annual reports from partner organizations (local NGO/CBO/FBO), review of same and communicating feedback.
- Ensure timely retirement of staff advances for project activities.
- Monthly reconciliation of project expenditure and input to management accounts on cost incurred specifically for projects handled based on the various cost classifications.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of ledger balances.
- Knowledge of statutory and Internal Audit processes is desirable
- Must be computer literate with proven knowledge in Word and Excel
- Proficiency in reputable/dependable high-tech Accounting software is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have high respect for professional and personal integrity and ethically sound
- First Degree in Accounting / Economics with minimum of 3 years’ experience in the INGO/NGO sector
- A qualified Chartered Accountant or undergoing professional qualification
- Experience managing donor (DfID, EU, Foundation etc) funded related projects
- Knowledge of Accounting/ Finance cycles and taxation
Job Title: Hub (Website) Consultant
Responsible to: Women’s Voice and Leadership (WVL) Project Manager
Line Management: None
Duration: Long Term (twice a week, for a maximum of 8 days in a month)
- The Consultant will work as an Administrator for the WVL Project Feminist Hub. S/he will oversee the operations of the Hub through generation, publishing and management of content, maintaining hub design, streamlining navigation, and increasing the Hub’s online presence especially among Women’s Rights Organizations. In addition, the Consultant will be required to carry out routine checks on the website and give informed assessment whenever required.
- Work with the WVL Communications Officer to generate Hub Content
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information
- Manage, monitor and upgrade the Hub/Website
- Respond to and troubleshoot all Hub/Website issues
- Identify and respond to all Hub/Website security breaches.
- Ensure that the Hub/Website is protected by enabling appropriate security measures
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans.
- Internal: All Staff
- External: Partners, Donors & other stakeholders
- First degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering or any related Field
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to maximize traffic to the Hub
- A minimum of 3 years work experience as a Website Manager
- Experience managing websites in the Social Development Sector
- Strong attention to details with an analytical Mind and Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to Multi-task.
- Updated awareness of marketing techniques
- Ability to transfer skills through capacity building
- Ability to troubleshoot user issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent content creation and writing Skills
- Strong Communications and Interpersonal Skills with fluency in written and spoken English
- Expert knowledge of Macro- media suite, Adobe suite, Content Management Systems and W3C Web standards
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission, values and objectives
- A person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download, complete the Application Form below and send it together with their Applications in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and location e.g Digital Marketing Officer – Abuja as the subject of the mail.
- Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
Application Deadline 10th March, 2020.