At The Olive Prime Psychological services (TOPS), we are aware of the dynamics of being human and understand that life can sometimes go beyond your capabilities. Additionally, we understand the role genetics and environmental factors play in our mental health and the ability to cope with life. Difficult situations do arise, and at such times, we are committed to providing the much needed support to our clients and patients, ensuring that each individual experiences a more realistic, flexible journey to Recovery.
Our treatment approach is multidisciplinary and delivered in a safe and comfortable environment with experienced staff that provide specialist services and combine a range of therapeutic interventions.
TOPS became the first Day Hospital addiction and mental health resource center in Nigeria when it opened in Abuja a few years ago. It has since grown to have an inpatient facility in Abuja. TOPS has a robust array of psychological tools and can boast of being one of the few Centers in West Africa that have the latest Psychological Tools like the WISC-V for testing intelligence in young people.
Our Drug rehabilitation program is a blend of both American/Canadian and UK treatment protocols (choosing the best from each service). More importantly we believe in the role of spirituality in treatment, irrespective of your faith. Your spiritual development will be encouraged. We also have a centre in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State. It is an 11 – bedded facility. Our new Clinical Director, who is a Consultant Psychiatrist, is an experienced clinician and versed in management of all forms of psychiatric Disorders. She was trained in family/systemic treatments by the Meriden Centre at Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation NHS Trust. She is one of the big minds in Quality Service delivery within the mental health space in Nigeria.
TOPS is now a member of the newly formed Intersect Consortium. This is the largest consortium of organisations providing mental and behavioral health treatments in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day–to–day finance and accounts operations of Synapse Services, Reconnect HDI and Psych Pharmacy.
- Provide managerial and oversight for all accounting functions.
- Provide accurate, timely periodic financial statements of Synapse Services,
- Reconnect HDI and Psych Pharmacy Services to management.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role e.g. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc.
- Supervises end–of–period processes and supports the analysis of the periodical
- business performance, budgets, and forecasts.
- Management and coordination of activities relating to Vendors/Procurement.
- Responsible for timely monthly, separate and consolidated financial statements,
- payments, cash–flow management reporting for submission to management
- Establish and maintain systems for cost–sensitivity analysis and early–warning of cost–overruns.
- Provide direction to all accounting staff under your supervision.
- Provide oversight of assets and finances of Synapse Services, Reconnect HDI and Psych Pharmacy.
- Manages overall responsibility for accounting related information from Synapse
- Service, Reconnect HDI and Psych Pharmacy.
- Oversight include monitoring purchases compared to the budget, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and capital expenditures/equipment.
- Reconciliation of all cash accounts and monitoring of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Evaluate performance and professional development of staff.
- Assist in the management of the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of Synapse Services, Reconnect HDI and Psych Pharmacy.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives.
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Overseeing the Maintenance and reconciliation of Goods Receipts/ Invoice Receipt Account.
- Create and enhance financial policies and procedures across the accounting department as well as the wider Finance department.
- Perform month–end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
Develops reports on all accounting related matters inclusive of taxation matters.
- These reports accompany pro–active advice and recommendations on the
business’s financial approaches from an accounting and taxation perspective.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of the company’s accounting policies.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the company’s records (e.g. Clients,
Suppliers, Banks, Employees, Management, Government and its relevant
- Ensures consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department and that these policies are appropriately set for the achievement of the business’s overall goals and objectives.
- Leads compliance with the business’s internal corporate framework policies and finance manuals.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monthly evaluating of Unapplied Advance Payment to determine the risk level.
- Monitors expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Medical Director.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc in Accounting.
- First Degree must be in accounting.
- Ability to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Ability to lead and manage a team effectively.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials or any other financial software
- Certified member of ICAN/ACCA.
- Minimum of 3 – 4years core experience in accounting/management account.
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
[email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 31st August, 2021.