A leading power generating and energy company is seeking for a highly skilled and analytical individual to fill the position of Sales Manager
Job Title: Senior Sales Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Retain, maintain the relations with MTN management level, drive their sales and influence their decisions
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors
- Accomplishes sales and organizational mission by completing related results as needed
- Act as the “roll-out” manager in the region to ensure great market grip within regional coverage.
- Drive team performance
- Key strategic partner in formulation and Implementation of regional market survey report
- Sales of products by maintaining and expanding customer base, coordinating staff and ensuring that staff achieves all their job responsibilities (Main task will be to maintain the relations with MTN)
- Manage client relationships
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of national objectives
- Perform marketing operations
- Accomplish regional sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees in assigned districts; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change
Skills and Requirements
- Ability to organize and plan multiple campaigns.
- Ability to outsource high quality creative work as needed.
- Ability to hire and manage staff.
- Ability to think strategically and execute practical solutions as well as accomplish day-to-day needs
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, in addition to high level of enthusiasm and positivity
- Ability to manage multiple, multi-layered projects, prioritize, and manage stakeholder expectations including those of senior leaders, while working in a matrixed environment
- Strong presentation skills and high attention to detail, ensuring production of consistent, quality presentations, brochures and communications
- Ability to liaise and negotiate with both internal and external clients, providing service excellence at all times
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the business.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and work independently with little direction.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to drive company’s sales through MTN
- Achieve new business initiatives
- Grow customer base by 50% by end of Q2
- Achieve 20% cost reduction
- Achieve 100% of sales target
- Build strong relation with MTN senior level
- Ability to manage regional sales & marketing operations & customer service
- Adequate knowledge and experience with the operators
- Ability to increasingly drive team performance.
Experience & Qualifications
- Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in any field preferably Social Science.
- A master’s degree will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years Post NYSC working experience.
- Candidate must have relevant sales experience with FMCG, telecommunications or retail Outlets.
- Experience in roll out operations in the above stated sectors will be added advantage.
How to Apply
Click here to apply
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter